Tope North East

slackline

In todays Fishing News

The North Easteren Sea Fisheries Committe have banned the removal of TOPE from the committies waters. This includes paerts of the fish (fins etc). The waters stretch from the Tyne in the north to Donna Nook in the south :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In todays Fishing News

The North Easteren Sea Fisheries Committe have banned the removal of TOPE from the committies waters. This includes paerts of the fish (fins etc). The waters stretch from the Tyne in the north to Donna Nook in the south :)

Also see the public notices on Page 19.

Eastern Sea Fisheries Joint Committee are also applying for a byelaw to protect tope.

Letters supporting the Byelaw application can be sent to DEFRA and the SFC

For details see: http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/sacn/latest/index.php?view=595

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Too late for at least 30 here in South Wales.

Taken from last night's local paper:

"On the tope front, good numbers have been taken off Oxwich, with charterboats returning them alive. Unfortunately, I have received a report of a private boat returning to Swansea with 30 tope and a single porbeagle all killed by anglers.

What can you guys be thinking? While good catches may be being taken, the tope are still not available in the numbers of past years.

Surely the only explanation is that some anglers are seeking money. It's always the commercial fishermen who get the stick for over-fishing, but there must be plenty of anglers out there who are selling their fish.

It's sad to report that as the fishing gets better, there are those who are still prepared to exploit any situation.

Bring on the legislation to deal with those individuals."

Want to comment on the article? Go to: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...&folderPk=88481

In todays Fishing News

I I slackline was going to give you s shout i know where we can catch one or two,thanks for that info the other day very intresting.Was reading that bit off Gowerray thirty tope and a porbeagle killed by anglers how sad is that.

Sorry to seem ignorant but can someone please tell me where Donna Nook is,never heard of the place before. Great news though :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sorry to seem ignorant but can someone please tell me where Donna Nook is,never heard of the place before. Great news though :)

HI Snatcher just google DONNA NOOK all sorts of info Its in north lincs

I I slackline was going to give you s shout i know where we can catch one or two,thanks for that info the other day very intresting.Was reading that bit off Gowerray thirty tope and a porbeagle killed by anglers how sad is that.

I will give you a bell later in the week and we can have a go (strong westerly ghosters forcast?)

Cheers slackline :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

The banning of the killing has been an on going thing for several months here in the NE, and has come about largly from the dedicated work of one guy who we know as Doc on here.

I would like to express my thanks publicly for all his work in helping get this legislation through...well done Nigel :clap2:

Another great bit of news is this legislation has set a precident to be followed by other fisheries areas and is being recieved favourably. I believe the legislation is already through in North Wales and is getting consideration in other areas.

The sooner the laws are changed to stop the idiots the better. So get sending in those letters of support.

Dave

Edited by Fastd

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org