Tope North East

slackline

In relative terms Maw wyke is shallow, or the bit I fish from the shore is, even in comparison to some of the surrounding areas. Is it normal for a tope to be in such shallow water. Be ok if you got a bugger on the rocks down there.

now then you chaps last year when the mackerel were in i had two very nice tope the same week in my short lenth off sole net both very well alive and returned safe only put net there twice both times tope so left that spot alone also very close to same place one was hooked on rod and line but after long fight got away,only thirty five feet of water for all fish, this year i intend to give it a good go with rod and line,dont we slackline :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now then you chaps last year when the mackerel were in i had two very nice tope the same week in my short lenth off sole net both very well alive and returned safe only put net there twice both times tope so left that spot alone also very close to same place one was hooked on rod and line but after long fight got away,only thirty five feet of water for all fish, this year i intend to give it a good go with rod and line,dont we slackline :)

yes my leader speak and i will obey

Hi topecatcher do you know(silly question ) what their normal prey fish is or do they have a varied diet Its just that we are having a run of makerel and bait fish right now so they my be on the prowl :lol:

I can only vouch for my neck of the woods but if the Mackerel are there so will the Tope.

Tope maybe there but the porgys have now made their show had one round the boat last week and other boats have reported fish being taken when they are been retrieved to the boat ,codling bitten in half so may the big game fishing begin.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

ar u having a crack at them this summer BC?

Hi macky how you doing its getting a crew together to have a go i am booked most days on normal wrecking trips but if a squad wanted to have a go then that is just what i will do the mackerel are here in big numbers at present in fact its knee deep with them at the momment so there would be no lack of fresh bait but at this present time i have no plans to have a go.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Snatcher,

I certainly plan to have a go for tope on a regular basis off this coast. Wasn,t planning to come quite that far north for them but you would be welcome to come along anytime. The boat is still up in Scotland from last weeks trip so I will have to go pick it up but once its back all my trips will be targetting tope.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org