Fishbites - Not Just For The Big Boys!

Elton

Elton.

Catch enough of those small pouts and you`ll feel like a million dollars?

I`ve caught thousands of the little sods, whilst waiting for the `decent` fish. They give a much more violent `knock` than any decent sized Bull-huss. But that`s life.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jabee:

my first thought was "how do I store them until the weekend?"

So, how do I store them? - I've put them in the fridge for now!

If I reel in at the end of a session and the strip hasn't been on the hook too long, I leave it there(in the bag) and use it the next time I go out.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• 7 months later...

The last couple of times I have been out, the strips seemed to be lasting a lot longer on the hook, more like the first packs I used.

I wouldn't have thought the water had cooled that much yet!

Another artificial bait released in October is Smartbait Crab. They have been selling course baits for years I think, with great success. I ordered some and they are £2.50 per packet, enough for a session. They look like poo! Brown turds in fact. They are quite tough, and stay on well. Used them twice with no luck. However, other guys on those days using lug caught nothing! That's the trouble, you can never tell if it's the bait or no fish around for any bait.

I kept some crab flavoured ones out of the light and damp since last year - they were luminous green when they went in - they are kinda 'cacky' brown now. You reckon their still ok Jim? You seem to have used them more than most...

I've never had any lose their colour if kept in the original pack.

Stuff that has been left on the hook in the tackle box has sometimes gone brown and tacky.

I don't reckon they would last long in the water now!

TRY THEM!

My long time 'net buddy, Jaybee, uses them almost exclusively these days. Jaybee is a guy who's had his hand in more fishing sites than me over the years, especially on the sea fishing front.

We both spoke about Fishbites years ago, even before they came into the UK, and both laughed at the idea. Firstly, there was the idea that an artificial would catch fish, then there was the idea that sea anglers would buy it.

I don't know what sales are like, but I do know that they catch!

As has been said above, they won't necessarily replace fresh bait, but they are so handy for anglers (like myself) who go fishing on the spur of the moment and don't have stacks of cash to spend on bait, much of which just gets given to a fellow angler when you pack up.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE