Bait firms sign up for PAC Pikemark Scheme

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, I hope that the PAC are getting something other than a bit of free advertising out of the arrangement ,some hard cash would be nice for the PAC for the endorsement and use of logo to enable them to be more proactive in the PR department and the pushing of forward and positive benefits of angling.

Just goes to show how clean the big boys are in the bait scourcing for pike baits contrary to some of the articles and rumours that have been circulating. To get to this stage has taken time,trust and a willingness to be open and cooperate with piking and pikers to squash the idea that broads fish are supplying the dead bait trade. If these two are responsible(Baitbox and Lucebaits) for 11 tonne of deadbaits it kind of kills the argument that broads fish are being stolen in order to fuel the deadbait trade.

Simply put , the amount of fish supposedly stolen from the broads is nothing but a small amount compared to the amounts of fish that are legally available to bona fide firms. If we say each dead bait is between 2.5 and 3 ounces then that averages out at about 225 fish per stone. Do the maths and work out how many fish make a tonne , multiply that by 11 and then ask if the broads are capable of that amount of fish removal every year, the answer will be of course not and thats just two of our dead bait suppliers, throw in the rest and you get some idea of how many deadbaits are used over a year

Well done to to these two for their openness and fast response and lets hope that as a result of positive PR and spinoffs others also get involved

Good idea, I hope that the PAC are getting something other than a bit of free advertising out of the arrangement ,some hard cash would be nice for the PAC for the endorsement and use of logo to enable them to be more proactive in the PR department and the pushing of forward and positive benefits of angling.

Just goes to show how clean the big boys are in the bait scourcing for pike baits contrary to some of the articles and rumours that have been circulating. To get to this stage has taken time,trust and a willingness to be open and cooperate with piking and pikers to squash the idea that broads fish are supplying the dead bait trade. If these two are responsible(Baitbox and Lucebaits) for 11 tonne of deadbaits it kind of kills the argument that broads fish are being stolen in order to fuel the deadbait trade.

Simply put , the amount of fish supposedly stolen from the broads is nothing but a small amount compared to the amounts of fish that are legally available to bona fide firms. If we say each dead bait is between 2.5 and 3 ounces then that averages out at about 225 fish per stone. Do the maths and work out how many fish make a tonne , multiply that by 11 and then ask if the broads are capable of that amount of fish removal every year, the answer will be of course not and thats just two of our dead bait suppliers, throw in the rest and you get some idea of how many deadbaits are used over a year

Well done to to these two for their openness and fast response and lets hope that as a result of positive PR and spinoffs others also get involved

there will be another big player signing up very shortly brian.

theres no financial gain by the PAC in anyway mate, but we will get our name in front of any bait buying pike angler, and will head off some of the criticism waged at pikers of late.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Great stuff from the PAC.The new "Sherriffs" are certainly getting things done! I seem to be reading/hearing about more positive things each week.Well done.Like I said soon as Ive got some cash I will definately rejoining.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Great stuff from the PAC.The new "Sherriffs" are certainly getting things done! I seem to be reading/hearing about more positive things each week.Well done.Like I said soon as Ive got some cash I will definately rejoining.

Got to agree there Budgie, i used to read and hear a lot of negative stuff about the PAC but not anymore.

it used to put me off going to their site or thinking about joining but i've been looking at their site recently and you know what..............................when i can spare the cash i might just join up and i know of a couple of other lads on maggotdrowning that may just be interested as well.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

And to complete the full circle perhaps lures can also carry a PAC endorsement. Well, at least those which are of suitable proportion and which also carry suitable hooks.

err define suitable" peter?

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

I'd define something as suitable in this case, to be of "sound" construction. I.e. something which will not come apart under the normal twists and turns of a fish. With decent, small barbed hooks. Not galvanised or stainless meat hooks. These hooks must be replaceable, by the attachment of a small, strong split ring.

Unfortunately though, such lures may cost more than the average £2 (or less), lumps of rubbish, often found in the bargain bins of nearly all tackle shops.

Decent quality lures aren't hard to spot, In my mind, a "Pikemark", is the best thing to come along for many years. Certainly in predator fishing.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Wait until the banks are lined with PAC approved bait packets, alongside the generic 'Baitbox' packets we see lying around everywhere. Once PAC are seen to be 'endorsing' the active littering of our waterways, they'll remove their Pikemark soon enough.

I'm aware that PAC members won't be responsible for leaving packets all over the place but PAC can't police all the other pike anglers out there that couldn't give a toss for PAC, the environment, any Pikemark scheme or anyone else for that matter.

Watch this space. I can see this idea, which was a nice idea, going terrible wrong.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...