Question for all people who fish!

robbie73

Pay close attention to the 'Angling' suggestions if you are in the UK.

'Fishing' would be better for the US.

Not sure about OZ or other parts of the world.

There is a place in your user profile for your location and there are many times that info is helpful for any forum you join.

Sorry, we are in the UK - Wiltshire

Will fill the info in.

Keep your thoughts coming

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. That helps.

In UK-speak,

Angling = pleasure fishing with rod/reel or pole and with coarse fishing, release of your catch.

Fishing = all forms but has come to mean commercial style with nets, etc. and fish taken for sale.

In theory, angling is a part of the broader term, fishing, but given the current state of sea fish stocks, there is a marked lack of harmony between pleasure anglers and commercial fishermen so the word meanings have sorta drifted apart.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Damn, I was looking forward to the royalties for my rod-bending... etc tagline. :lol:

Yeah........ and I've never bought a calendar in my life anyway. :D

Hi All,

I'm a graphic designer for a calendar company and we are doing a fishing calendar for 2008.

Please could you help us in choosing the correct title?

At the moment I have called it "Fishing" but would not want to affect sales by naming it incorrectly.

So I thought I’d ask the experts!

Sorry if this posted in/on the wrong section as I could not find an overview of fishing (forum).

Please view cover.

FISHINGFC2008.jpg

Inside the calendar are pictures of various types of fishing with lovely scenery etc.

Many thanks for your help/advise.

Regards

Rob

No offence mate but isn't this what you are paid to do? :huh::unsure:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Has it got any pictures of scantily clad angling babes with massive knockers?

What, you mean me and Andrew? :D

No offence mate but isn't this what you are paid to do? :huh::unsure:

Nope. He said he's a graphic designer. They colour in.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I was just wondering .....................as if there are no massive knockers it doesn't really matter what its called....................as no ones going to buy it any way!

Lets face it ,a calender without Pnumatic Passion Pillows? whats the point? They will be trying to tell us they are for telling us the date next! :schmoll:

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!