COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN

sam-cox

when does this start?? ive read the trawlermen book and no almost everyone in the book, i hope the series is a good unbiased honest account.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when does this start?? ive read the trawlermen book and no almost everyone in the book, i hope the series is a good unbiased honest account.

Hi Thurso just got this weeks radio times and the BeeB are haveing a sea fest Trawlermen starts monday next at 19:00 for 5 days and Kate Humble of spring watch does sea watch on wednesday at 20:00 :)

The camaraderie and the friendship that the crew showed to each other I could relate to slack line. But then again I fortunately have never had to sail with you on a professional footing.

The friendship and hummer that the crew showed towards the scientist who where trying to collect information, should be an inspiration to some who post on here?

I remember that the lads working the north Atlantic did not think much of the North Sea.

But then again I fortunately have never had to sail with you on a professional footing.

obviously my reputation goes before :yucky: me thanks for those kind words :yawn:

Guest challenge
But then again I fortunately have never had to sail with you on a professional footing.

obviously my reputation goes before :yucky: me thanks for those kind words :yawn:

Don’t mention it slack line. Don’t you think that now Andrew has got you ship shape again it’s about time you honoured us with your presents on another trip?

Just home off 46 away in a few hours on 36.

I don’t think that the series that there doing next week is based on the book that we mentioned?

Hi Thurso just got this weeks radio times and the BeeB are haveing a sea fest Trawlermen starts monday next at 19:00 for 5 days and Kate Humble of spring watch does sea watch on wednesday at 20:00 :)

hi thanks for that i look forward to it! :clap:

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Guest challenge
I saw a trailer for a new documentry about commercial fishing starting on the BBC next week, it called I think The Trawlermen.

Is this not a cleaver publicerty campaign by commercial fishermen to make them look like hard working, hard done by men who risk their life every day so us the general public can have cod and chips for tea. When the facxt bis that fish and chip shop cod comes mainly from Iceland and Norway.

So what did you think of the first part of it then Sam? Do you still think that it is a political plot by commercial fishermen to portray them as hard done by individuals?

Or did you find them like I found them, a bunch of individuals doing a hard and dangerous job because they like us love fishing. They unlike most of us make a living from it.

So what did you think of the first part of it then Sam? Do you still think that it is a political plot by commercial fishermen to portray them as hard done by individuals?

Or did you find them like I found them, a bunch of individuals doing a hard and dangerous job because they like us love fishing. They unlike most of us make a living from it.

The spin is working then? :D:D

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Anyone fancy a job that entails -

-setting out at midnight into a force seven just to get first run on your rival ?

-ten day shifts away from home ?

-sometimes only a couple of hours sleep ?

-all with no real idea what you`re going to earn, and at the same time risking your very life ?

No?

Me neither, good luck to `em.

We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, "Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did"; and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Old Izaak must not have ever been jigging. Or seen a rig with 8 muppets and a jigger. relaxing my a***

what say you challenge