Efgeeco Tackle Boxes & old rubbish.

Peter Waller

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still using a green "rubberised" Efgeeco rod holdall that's over 30 years old. It matches the wicker seat box nicely :) .

Bought as a teenager it was a useless purchase as it was too bulky for the bicycle crossbar and too long to fit in the boot of Dad's Austin 1300 or Allegro. Fortunately the advent of the hatchback meant it did get used many years later.

[ 26. November 2004, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: WickerDave ]

The Omnia! My first ever fixed spool reel, ah, memories. But the bail arm was less than reliable so I moved onto an Intrepid Standard which was near indistructable. My next 'proper' reel was an ABU 505, and that is still going strong!

I still have a hankering for a Shakespeare "Alpha Match"rod. These beautiful things were translucent, orangey - amber coloured glass rods with cork handles that had a sleeve of rough black plastic on to of the cork part way down to rub the groundbait off you hands with. A few years later they came out with a spliced tip section you could put on, which was black for some reason. I always wanted one of these, but they were far too expensive. I suppose they would date from about the late 70's?

Tim

all my stuff is old tat :confused:

picked up a pike rod the other day i hankered after but couldnt afford years ago for £3 just had 2 coats of varnish and its ready to go :cool:

[ 26. November 2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

name dropper :D i suspect a whirry thing goes on one end and a fishy thing on the other ,then you get the greatest distance between them (the trick is to keep them attached together with the stringy thing) repeat as nessecary removing carefully larger fishy things holding on to existing fishy things :D

having a scour of the web theres lots of books few rods ,i wonder what the non super piker rods looked like :D

still after Intrepid BX33 (boat multiplyer) ,Intrepid pike/pier rod ,intrepid boat rod and intrepid spin ledger rod to finish of those branches in the intrepid range.

i was pleasently surprised at the super action float rod ,it was quite good ,coupled with a supertwin i had a good mornings crucian fishing in the summer :)

the beacgcaster on the other hand is not for use its as heavy as a log

[ 26. November 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

It's the same with so many things these days. I read ain interesting article on BBC News yesterday about fridges and how they are made cheaply and are pretty much disposable these days. If the condensor goes in one these days you throw the fridge away and buy a whole new one, because a replacement part will cost you £200 to have fitted, or you can buy a whole new fridge for £250!
after storage for almost a year in a garage we switched on our freezer and it caught fire :( on closer inspection i knoticed the startup device had melted .we looked around the shops and noticed the downside of "A" rating freezers ,their all insulation and no room for storage :mad: we couldnt find one with the same inside measurements even in larger footprint freezers ,i decided to scour the net and bought online the deficiant part for £13 it still workes 3 years later.our 1958 fridge still works (albeit a complete rewire as the original wiring had perished to a dangerous level) bought 58th hand in 1974 for £8 ,money in both cases well spent :cool:

yes modern stuff is made to be replaced ,no longer are switches rated in millions of actions but now thousands and motors that just do the job not like old ones that are over rated for their use :(

i too have a green seatbox in the loft and a blue shakespear plastic one and a red clone with fitted tackle carrier on top with extremly annoying catches fitted :mad:

there used for storage of china etc

[ 26. November 2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Clearing out my loft 2 weeks ago and came across my old wicker basket which was bought for me as a present when I was a teenager,Has anyone still got theirs and do you use it.

when you think you know everything think again....

Funny you should ask that! I've brought mine down from the loft. No woodworm or anything but it has gone quite limp! Don't know why but it is now rather sloppy and needs some sort of internal brace to firm it up. I rather fancy getting it back on the river bank, heavens knows why!!