Knots for thin hooklinks?

Oskar

Hi all

What knot do you use for thin hooklinks?

I'm using hooklinks from 0.10mm up to 0.20mm and I'm using the Grinnerknot. The problem I'm having is that the hooklinks curls up when I tie them eventhough I'm taking great care when tying them up.

Hi all

I'm using hooklinks from 0.10mm up to 0.20mm and I'm using the Grinnerknot. The problem I'm having is that the hooklinks curls up when I tie them eventhough I'm taking great care when tying them up.

Try a Palomar, pretty much the best knot by far, the grinner does have a tendancy to flatten an inch or so as you tighten it making it go all kinky :)

Paul Singleton

Ive got a lot of faith in the Grinner.It does tend to "curl" any line at either extreme though.Best way to avoid this is not to start the knot by winding the four turns up the line before making the loop.Just make the loop then take the normal 4 turns through it.Lots of saliva to lubricate it and tighten the knot slowly,keeping the tag end tight as well.

I normally use spade end hooks and whipp them on with a double overhand loop at the other end when making up "hook to nylons" though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi all

i thought you said thin man that is carp gear.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Hi all

loop to loop is a good'n, but try this one not a lot of people know this but it comes from quite a good source,

ok take your hook length and you reel line and run it parallel with each other, now loop the two around twice in the old fashioned granny knot, lubricate and pull, it is the equivalent to a full blood but you can tie it in the dark in about 5 seconds and the line lay is dead straight.

suck it and see. ;)

i have yet to have one come undone.

(tip its a northern thing and no gold medals are involved)

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image