Happy Birthday Finepix

Guest Jan V

Guest Finepix
happy birthday fp,

have you been up that hill in bridport yet ?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIND A FOOTPATH! We went in June and spent nearly two hours trying to find it. It got to the stage where we had completely lost all sense of direction. We thought this dirt track led to it so off I went on my own camera in hand. It was beautiful and quiet, scared a few rabbits, obviously hadn't been used for a while. Now I knew that I'd have to cut through a field on the right, but literally thought it would be that simple.

When I finally found a break in the hedgerow there was Colmers in all it's glory across what seemed like a bloody valley!!!

post-6938-1155901081_thumb.jpg This pic was on full zoom :lol:

We did find another path which was up another very narrow road. Think it was in Symondsbury, the road was to the left of the Church. This road (or dirt track!) went on for ages, and finally came out at somebodys house (with two incredibly scary dogs!), but three quarters of the way up (a good mile) was a footpath ... by this stage everyone had had enough (well except me), and the children wanted to get to the beach so we left it.

If you know of some secret way in I'd much appreciate it.

We will probably pop back for a weekend in the Autumn and give it another go.

Have a nice weekend and many thanks for the Birthday wishes

Julia :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIND A FOOTPATH! We went in June and spent nearly two hours trying to find it. It got to the stage where we had completely lost all sense of direction. We thought this dirt track led to it so off I went on my own camera in hand. It was beautiful and quiet, scared a few rabbits, obviously hadn't been used for a while. Now I knew that I'd have to cut through a field on the right, but literally thought it would be that simple.

When I finally found a break in the hedgerow there was Colmers in all it's glory across what seemed like a bloody valley!!!

We did find another path which was up another very narrow road. Think it was in Symondsbury, the road was to the left of the Church. This road (or dirt track!) went on for ages, and finally came out at somebodys house (with two incredibly scary dogs!), but three quarters of the way up (a good mile) was a footpath ... by this stage everyone had had enough (well except me), and the children wanted to get to the beach so we left it.

Blimey! A woman that admits that she can get lost? Your one of a kind Julia :o

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

i have a similar problem, i just can't get any further than the ilchester arms.

Dan will tell you the best way up when he gets back from france next week.

have you seen what the "thing" at the top is yet ?

Edited by ziggy searchfield

Guest Finepix
i have a similar problem, i just can't get any further than the ilchester arms.

Dan will tell you the best way up when he gets back from france next week.

have you seen what the "thing" at the top is yet ?

Well if I'd found my way to the top I would have seen what the 'thing' was :wallbash::blink:

:P

Yeah, my 14th 21st :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks again everyone x

35, huh? I've been out of high school longer than that :headhurt: I have stepkids older than that (but that just makes Newt old :P )