for those of you coming up to scrabster

young fishin neep

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YFL,

I learned to fly cast in my back garden (no hooks on though), before I went out on the water, now I'm not to bad, not the best but I can get a line out.

I would get a cheap fly line (something like a mill end) and practice with that.

I'll tell you something though... it's a lot harder to catch blue bottles than cod...

David

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

SandTiger:

So wot gear should I be packing, apart from waders? :)

Well if you want to travel light don't worry about any tackle, there are rods and reels on board the boat and I'm quite certain between us all we can russle up some terminal tackle

otherwise the world is your mollusc and whatever you fancy, the one thing I've learnt about sea fishing it doesn't matter what worked yesterday lets see what works today :D

And if your up for the beach/pier/rock fishing (depending on weather) on Sunday well if you have the kit to cover them all you should be alright

Looking forward to the weekend

Stuart

Hiya, Just been onto the Weigh Inn, we are all booked in on the 28/29th, Davy/Linda, Me/DaveyB, and Shaun /Mike, We are in the lodges at the back,and ....wait for it, cos I said we are all fishing, we get a preferential rate ,instead of £41.50 a night each, we are £17.50 B+B....... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie - if I give you a percentage of savings, can I hire you on occasion to dicker for me? That's an impressive reduction.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President