Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferret at the moment we are fully booked for Timsbury, Fancy some piking on the Rother?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Ferret1959
Ferret at the moment we are fully booked for Timsbury, Fancy some piking on the Rother?

Tony

I like piking but coming all that way for pike is a bit much, now grayling are a differant kettle of errrrrrrr fish. :)

I'll keep looking for last minute drop outs, ya never know there maybe a slot for me yet.

praying_hands_clipart_kid.gif

Cor that would make a change for me Tony! :rolleyes: Do you want me to sort out a tub of Trout?

In fact been as I havnt got time to put on a teach in for AN members this year if the dates for this dont clash with any Ive got booked I could always bring along a load of spare gear and spend the day with anyone who hasnt pike fished before/much and wants to have a go?

For those who dont know the Rother can be brilliant for catching large numbers of pike and as such is a great venue to learn on/catch your first pike.

Also if Im here I would be able to offer over night stays to half a dozen or so as long as you dont mind roughing it and arnt afraid of big dogs!

Might be better to start a seperate post Tony to save confussion? and how was Spain?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Whenever I fish Timsbury, it's usually wet/windy/sleety/bloody cold/river carrying too much colour.

Today would have been perfect, starting with an early morning mist after a good dry period, and the warm sun burning through the mist to make it a perfect Autumn day.

I can see Timsbury now in all of it's early Autumn splendour.

But I'm not fishing Timsbury today.

I'm fishing it next Monday.

And guess what the weather forecasts are saying for then :(

(ps Hope you guys get it right)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Budgie

I will put a fresh post on when I can get details of the cost of the venue etc. It is likely to be the Kaps stretch upstream of the bridge and car parking on the right on the Sussex side.

Had a great time in Spain but spent most of the time Birding due to the difficulties in obtaining a Licence to fish in Andalucia; however as I am going there so often it looks like it's worth me setting aside some time to arrange one. I saw some lovely Iberian Barbel in the Rio Majaceite near a town called El Bosque and no-one is fishing for them.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

hi tony,

i'm up for the piking so count me in mate, just let me know when your going to put the post out with the numbers offering it to members so i can get my name down.

cheers

Hia's All

Right

we have the following people confirmed as going to Timsbury:

Me

Soozie U

KAYC

Mrs KAYC

Meatballs

Dunc Fairley

Budgie Burgess

Andrew Burgess

Anderoo

Elton

Nic (3 doors down)

Jedibond

Badexcuse

Goosequill

Ferret

Jigotai

Tog 1

Tog 2

Lyn 1

Lyn 2

Could those who have not yet paid up PM me for my address and details, we will not be having the BBQ as there was insufficient demand.

I could not get in touch with the fishery at the weekend but i will conatct them this week to confirm opening times etc.

Could those staying in the Travelodge at Sutton Scotney PM me and i wuill give you my mobile number so we can arrange to meet up on Staurday night

Tony

The list of attendees has had to be revised again it will be:

Me

Soozie U

KAYC

Mrs KAYC

Meatballs

Vidar

Budgie Burgess

Andrew Burgess

Anderoo

Elton

Nic (3 doors down)

Jedibond

Badexcuse

Goosequill

Ferret

Jigotai

Tog 1

Tog 2

Lyn 1

Lyn 2

Tony