Breaking News!

Rusty

Well done, I can remember how excited I was when I had my 6.6 out of the Kennet.

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Blimey - well done - pics?

C.

Not a very good one, just a quick snap in the net:

IMG_2801_zps56562d5d.jpg

It was a long fish for the Thames and had no belly on it - has the potential to weigh quite a bit more...!

• Like 2

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I went to the small river in the end, just because it would be much more sheltered from the strong wind. I tried fishing it in daylight with bread for a change. I was a bit scuppered straight away as there were 3 other serious looking chubbers roaming about - it felt very crowded! I found some quiet water right at the downstream end of the stretch and managed to scratch out a good fish of 5.06 from a nice slow bit of water next to a fallen tree. Like yesterday's fish, long and slim and in lovely winter condition.

I had one other bite from a different spot, a huge wrap around - unfortunately I was answering a call of nature at the time and by the time I picked the rod up it had buggered off :rolleyes:

Edited by Anderoo
  • Like 2

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Kohn thank you normal service is restored with a run of 3 blanks for rubber lips since

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Lots of snow here this morning, hopefully by the weekend it'll be OK...

PS (and sorry to hijack your topic JV) I've been measuring the bigger chub I've had so far this season, and as I thought that last one was particularly long, over 23". The other two big chub I've had so far were both just over 20" - one weighed a bit more, one weighed a bit less. None were fat, but the other two were 'in proportion'. That last one was noticeby thin but perfectly healthy, just needs a good feed.

I'm now wishing I hadn't caught this one yet, and saved it til mid-March...! A Thames fish that long and fat would be rather special...

(PPS I have also just realised it was my 20th 6lb+ chub, which is a nice landmark :) )

(PPS I have also just realised it was my 20th 6lb+ chub, which is a nice landmark :) )

It is indeed an impressive tally, well done.

I've only caught one chub over 6lb, just over three years ago but that day will always be etched in my memory (as I expect your first one is).

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/blog/137/entry-834-lost-for-words/

It's never a 'six', let's put it back