What is fishing/angling to you?

corydoras

What is fishing/angling to you?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a sport, hobby, pastime, religion, way of life?

• It is a Sport
    • It is a Hobby
    • It is a Pastime
    • It is a Religion
    • It is a way of life

As a follow up to the 'Yes again we rule the world' thread I would like to take a poll to see what angling means to AN members. Personally I just don't even get the concept of angling being a 'sport', but that is just me, what is angling to you?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a Religion

could be as i go every sunday :D

i don't think so

but all the rest will do for me

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

i almost live for it...

keeps me going,i love my fishing,when i'm down or peed off i go fishing...i instantly feel better,and its helped me alot in life.

sounds silly but its true.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Is there a difference between a hobby and a pastime ?

Bob

To me they are synonymous, but if I omitted one or the other someone would probably have moaned about it.

It is interesting that after 36 votes, there are still no votes for 'Sport'. At least I am not alone.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

It is interesting that after 36 votes, there are still no votes for 'Sport'. At least I am not alone.

If you'd have asked what I'd considered "match angling" to be I'd have answered sport! As I don't match fish myself I answered hobby.

I wonder how swimmers would have considered swimming? I expect those who swim competitively would have answered as a sport. Those who swim just for pleasure wouldn't have.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

If you'd have asked what I'd considered "match angling" to be I'd have answered sport! As I don't match fish myself I answered hobby.

I wonder how swimmers would have considered swimming? I expect those who swim competitively would have answered as a sport. Those who swim just for pleasure wouldn't have.

Match fishing is a sport..... anything else is what you want it to be.

How can you have a sport with no spectators?

Edited by corydoras

How can you have a sport with no spectators?

ASs I posted on another current thread, match angling does have spectators. In fact they can be a problem for both organisers and spectators.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net