A few sea shore landscapes from this morning

Chippy

I think from memory (and I know he'll correct me if I'm wrong) Den does not like these blurred water shots period, he prefers it "natural" looking, which is fair enough. You either love them or hate them.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatly in the "Love them" category.

That was partially the effect i was wanting with eels bridge in the bridge comp.

For me, these are truly stunning shots.

I assume from the choice of camera and the manner in which they are presented, that you do this professionally?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I assume from the choice of camera and the manner in which they are presented, that you do this professionally?

Nah, just a very keen amateur!! I have been taking pics for the best part of 14 years though and I'm still learning all the time!

I get paid far too much in my day job to consider giving it up and doing photography full time. At the moment it's a nice little sideline which gives me a bit of extra pocket money too.

Got up at the crack of dawn to try for some landscapes before the rain and bad weather forcasted rolls in.....

I hope I'm doing this properly as new to this site. Had to comment on these shots. Very attractive and great use of the NDs to get that blurred water effect. The ND grad has given a lovey balance between the foreground and the sky. Everything looks well controlled with exposure spot on. These should sell very well. Look forward to seeing more like this.

edit note: Hiya WIP. If you need to quote previous posts for clarity, then the button you clicked with the " Reply on it is good. For just adding comments, there is a regular reply button toward the bottom that just lets you comment. I removed the quoted photos from Chippy to make things load faster but left the text so folks would be sure which pics you were talking about.

Newt

Chippy, I hope you weren't offended by my comments, as Steve rightly says, I don't like "silky" water :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I hope I'm doing this properly as new to this site. Had to comment on these shots. Very attractive and great use of the NDs to get that blurred water effect. The ND grad has given a lovey balance between the foreground and the sky. Everything looks well controlled with exposure spot on. These should sell very well. Look forward to seeing more like this.

edit note: Hiya WIP. If you need to quote previous posts for clarity, then the button you clicked with the " Reply on it is good. For just adding comments, there is a regular reply button toward the bottom that just lets you comment. I removed the quoted photos from Chippy to make things load faster but left the text so folks would be sure which pics you were talking about.

Newt

Many thanks Newt. I also posted a comment last night agreeing that Warehouse Express are a company worth using - but I dont know where that one has gone.

Superb shots Chippy - really liked them ... all worked out great, the effects, the framing, exposure levels. Well done !!!!!

ND Grad is my favourite filter, when setting up proper shots I tend to prefer the results with it much more than results from my Polarizer, great for giving Scottish grey skys more zip.

Again, great shots.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I had a little fiddle with pic no 1. I tried to recapture the sea :) , best I could do, amazed at the detail hidden in the cliffs.

Chippy.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic