Kayak Hoist

jonnyboy

They are 3:1 pulleys, bought them from ebay cast about £25 for the pair. They have a locking ratchet on them so they dont slip and dont have to tie them off neither. They are fitted to the joists via an eyebolt, and to the yak via a sling and crab.

if you need detailed pics of the fittings let me know

I think i know what you mean!! are you slinging the boat through the scupper holes? close ups would be nice but dont go out of your way mate!!!!, nice boat by the way!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think i know what you mean!! are you slinging the boat through the scupper holes? close ups would be nice but dont go out of your way mate!!!!, nice boat by the way!

I will do you some pics when I get home from work. I have modified the way in which I hoist it now using slings, crabs & rings. This is due to having the fishfinder fitted through the centre scupper on the elite so had to rethink the sling positions. The rear sling goes through the normal scupper drains in the cargo hold. Only thing is getting a correct centre of balance when hoisting

:wallbash:

post-6623-1160128939_thumb.jpgHere's one (will it work?) similar to Gedi's except it supports a weighty old Cobra Fish'n Dive

Whoooaa! Hang on there, you mean people actually put their cars in the garage???!

I couldnt get a motorbike in mine let alone my trusty Volvo!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Whoooaa! Hang on there, you mean people actually put their cars in the garage???!

I couldnt get a motorbike in mine let alone my trusty Volvo!

Garages are not for cars :schmoll:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Yes, that's dumb, but hanging your cars from the ceiling is truly insane.

Now what would be fun would be to see him try and drive out with it still attatched to the car, or try and drive in with it on .

He still seems to have to take if of before he puts the car in. Now if he was clever he would raise the roof so he could. now that would be class.

Now what would be fun would be to see him try and drive out with it still attatched to the car, or try and drive in with it on .

He still seems to have to take if of before he puts the car in. Now if he was clever he would raise the roof so he could. now that would be class.

Don't be silly. He lowers his tyre pressure when he enters to put it on, and leaves the massive haul of fish in the boot when he enters to take it off.

Tsk. Thought that was obvious. Beats having to lower the floor hydraulically.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Job Done - She's Up Up and Away!!!!

loft.jpg

Found these amazing devices in a local branch of FOCUS £14.99 each

ratchet.jpg

Just a big heavy one way ratchet pulleys that come with hooks and rope supplied. To lower the Yak, just push the button on the side of the ratchet and lower your boat gently to the floor

pulley.jpg

I am WELL chuffed with these!!!!

Edited by jonnyboy

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk