Kayak Hoist

jonnyboy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have any goo ways of EASILY hoisting/winching a prowler 13 up into the roof of my garage. I need to do this to keep the missis happy and stop here tripping over it everytime she goes into the garage!! :lol:

strange enough I fitted one last week and it works great. storesit right into the joists and has enough headroom to walk under. I will take a few pics and post them tonight

Does anyone have any goo ways of EASILY hoisting/winching a prowler 13 up into the roof of my garage. I need to do this to keep the missis happy and stop here tripping over it everytime she goes into the garage!! :lol:

What on earth is she doing in the garage in the first place?

Hmm. On further retrospection I imagine that see has got suspicious and is looking for either evidence or the tunnel entrance. I suggest instead of a hoist a very large padlock, rottweiler, alarm and razor wire.

Damn their sneaky prying ways.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Hmm. On further retrospection I imagine that see has got suspicious and is looking for either evidence or the tunnel entrance. I suggest instead of a hoist a very large padlock, rottweiler, alarm and razor wire.

:lol:

well, she pays half the mortgage and thus i believe has rights to half the garage! I have already taken over 65% of the garage with my fishing gear and now there is a 13'4" plastic orange lump sat across the floor too, i think she has maybe a small reason to moan.

If i padlocked the garage she wouldnt be able to get to the lawn mower, the leaf blower, the driveway rake, the dustbins, the recycling boxes or any of the decorating equipment so i could be shooting myself right in the foot by locking her out :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

Hmm. I see your point (second paragraph).

Have you considered blindfolds? Or perhaps even a partition wall? I mean, all she's got to do is knock over a half full bottle of beer and your secret tunnel under the stove could be found as it drains down into the shaft. It's happened before you know. Even 'Big X' was caught out in that way. And he was 'Big X'. Which is really big.

I myself have no garage in order that she cannot track my movements. I instead have a tunnel leading from inside my wardrobe and then beneath the floorboards in the bedroom - hence the reason for all my clothes being on the floor - and thus she has NO IDEA about my activities. I also use dabs of pike pheromones acquired from CEFAS to keep her at bay and avoid being seduced into revealing my secrets. It works so well she hasn't been near me in years.

Wide webbing straps suspended from ropes on a pulley to the ceiling would do the trick. It would also keep here eyes off the floor.....

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I think the first thing you need to do is clear the garage- some stuff in there that doesnt relate to fishing!!

Get rid of that and you will be OK!

I suspend one of of my Caper onto the garage door frame, and then lift the other end up, balancing the YAk on my head, and slip it into a hanging sling. Does work well, and easy, but make sure the bolts through the joist are strong, and if you use rope or webbing.

Ideally use hooks to hang the webbing/ rope off of, as otherwise it may slip off the bolts. I also use old lobster pot lead lined ropes (which I found while fishing) which helps the rope hang down as you are sliding the kayak in.

We are also moving house soon, and going to try and get a waist high place to leave the kayak in- saves my back and neck!

B.A.S.S. member

We are also moving house soon, and going to try and get a waist high place to leave the kayak in- saves my back and neck!

Grant

Have you had a reduction from the builders for the re-modling of bilbo's pad then. At your height the kitchen table would be to high. So i would sugest save your money and get a couple of orange boxes from the market.

:lol:

well, she pays half the mortgage and thus i believe has rights to half the garage! I have already taken over 65% of the garage with my fishing gear and now there is a 13'4" plastic orange lump sat across the floor too, i think she has maybe a small reason to moan.

If i padlocked the garage she wouldnt be able to get to the lawn mower, the leaf blower, the driveway rake, the dustbins, the recycling boxes or any of the decorating equipment so i could be shooting myself right in the foot by locking her out :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iv'e got three plastic lumps sitting on the back lawn at th moment! Must buy a ruddy great shed.

:lol: i am with Mark here GET OUT lol my garage has become the fishing yak shack :) no room for girly stff :lol:

theyakshack.jpg

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg