Saying Hello

robfoss

Morning all. Just a quick note to introduce myself. Rob Foss, live in Guernsey, fish for anything except trout, love catching bream and plaice on my new ABU Premium Bass at the moment. Also do a lot of freshwater fishing, love catching mullet (especially stalking them on crust from the beach in the summer) and freelining for bass- again in the summer from the beach, much better than crawling around at two o'clock in the morning :)

Don't know how it is round your are, but the fishing here is as good as most people can remember it at the moment...great fun.

Recent two hour session gave up 4 bream to 3lb, 1 red mullet, 2 plaice and a gurnard...on 1 rod!!!! That's what I call fishing guys...brilliant.

Hi Rob, welcome to A.N. I've never been lucky enough Yet to fish Guernsey, but maybe someday. I have however fished for Mullet at Kincardine power station in Fife. All be it years ago, great fun it was and what a scrap, my biggest was just over 3lbs.We used freelined bread flake, cast it into the warm water outflow and wait, we also fished for Bass from the same point. But, they closed the hole in the fence we used, and that was the end of that. The security guards used to turn a blind eye to us, but from what I heard they got a new manager.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Chippy:

Hi Rob

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi from your sister Island, Jersey...Fishin's still good here too ( :) ), with the Mullet still showing up each weekend!!

Regs

Paul

Ok Paul, just rub it in :P Welcome to you as well, looks like a Gurnsey/Jersey fishin is on the cards :D

Alan(nl)

Jersey Mullet Fishing

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Welcome to AN robfoss. I have fished in many places, abroad, but must confess to have neglected the CI - which are only a brief hop from Sussex via Gatwick.

Perhaps tales of your catches will encourage me to put that omission right.

Good luck with the bass and mullet

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hi robfoss and welcome to you.

If I can convince Vagabond to send me a plane ticket, we can both fish over your way. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Hi robfoss and welcome to you.

If I can convince Vagabond to send me a plane ticket, we can both fish over your way. :D

Why should Vagabond splash out for the ticket on his own? After all the help you have given me with this b....y computer stuff and the private emails( ) that you have sent me, I am quite happy to chuck 20 quid into the ticket pot. Lets face it, you have probably saved me that much + in unsmashed computers and knuckles :D

New topic Vagabond?????

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I'm surprised Newt wants to come by plane - after the pictures of his two boats posted a few weeks ago, I thought he might use the smaller one to come by surface mail :D .

Trolling a few of your favourite lures Newt, you could pick up a few tuna on the way.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...