Make a little Money?

Guest Silver Back

There is some discussion about it here, I'm not sure if you need to register to view the topic as I've been a member there for years now. But it does have some useful information about stock photography.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Anyone on site use or tried lodging photos with 'on line agencies'? Any one know the form?

Cliff

I have a contract with a local stock library. I haven't got that much up at the moment as I dont seem to be able to find the time to spend hours and hours keywording every photo!!

Most of the major agencies will only accept large TIFF files and they can also be quite picky on what they'll except, quality wise.

Paul

Here are a few places that I use and I know they pay you and have a good sized buyer base.

SHUTTER STOCK - http://submit.shutterstock.com/?ref=7650

BIG STOCK PHOTO - http://www.bigstockphoto.com/?refid=19og4J1buv

DREAMSTIME - http://www.dreamstime.com/resp19211

I have been with all of these companys for just under a year and have reached the payouts on shutterstock & Dreamstime.

Im not going to lie about it the links I have given are referal links. If you dont wish to use them please dont. From signing up and getting accepted I get a few pounds. Just delete the ref parts of the links if you dont wish to use the referal link.

If anyone is unsure please dont be afraid and get in touch with me via pm or email JK2004 @ gmail . com

Speak soon & good luck,

Joel

Edited by J.K

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

JK

Would you expand a little on how much you have had paid to you for how many images you have uploaded, like a monthly figure? If its not too intrusive.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

On each of the above I have 34 images, the same 34, and have made a total of just over $200 in a year.

If you take a quick look here:

http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery.mhtml?id=7650

You will see that most of mine are infact things I have made using photoshop rather than photographs.

The trick to these sites are to upload a few a week with as many KEY WORDS as possible to get maximum exposure.

This year I have been very lazy and have only added a few images compared to last year and have noticed im not making as much, however its still steady at around $10 a month.

If you had more pictures you would make alot more Lol.

These sites arnt for everyone though and if you get rejected with your first upload you have to wait a few months before you can try again.

Also on some sites, ds and bsp you can if you wish set a price for a one off sale.

Prices vary from $0.25 - $10.00 with standard license. The more people pay the more they plan to use your image.

A few guys and girls on the sites above DO make a living from the stock sites wither $2000 a month can be a reality if you have a good enough portfolio.

I started using the sites just to make a bit of extra cash once in a while but if you work hard then the rewards can be big.

Any other questions ask away :D

Joel

I just saw on one of your galleries that you also have graphics too, for example the clover leafs. I wasn't aware this sort of thing was acceptable for stock photography sites. Whats the deal with that?

Ahh I see you answered this one as I was asking the question, how telepathic of you..:D

Edited by Steve Randles

Focal Planet

You also seem to be downloading graphic images, not just photos.

does most of the money come from the images or the photos?

As my gallery is made up of computer created images thats what I make my money from however photographs sell just as good if not better then the graphics as they cant really be copied and are unique.

Joel

I just saw on one of your galleries that you also have graphics too, for example the clover leafs. I wasn't aware this sort of thing was acceptable for stock photography sites. Whats the deal with that?

Aslong as you created it then you can sell it Lol.

All very useful stuff, looks like I have some surfing to do. Thanks J.K, you are entitled to your sweetener, links will remain as is. Cliff :ph34r: