RMT backs drink driving

barry luxton

I would have thought 3 out of 6 quite an average but hey ho :g:

It already is outlawed in large areas of the coast down there.

Something strikes me as a bit odd, lobster and crab fisheries are still booming down there (new potting boat for there last week I think it was) despite all this "seabed destruction" and lobsters and crabs being caught (or destroyed) in "massive numbers" (you would need to translate what you mean there) that you constantly waffle on about, how does that work?

Ps...has it dawned on you yet your own endlessly taking industrial quantities of Cod time bomb, tick tock tick tock :secret:

Ah there we go again Steve showing your true colours having a pop at angerlers and on an angling website shame on you you get away with it on here anywhere else you would shot down in flames you keep letting it slip .

If you cant realise that anglers with a rod and line don't pose a threat to cod stocks your a fool .

And just put the record straight one of my mates sons did a trip on one of scallop boats out of whitby last week let me tell what he said he was shocked at just what he saw the amount of lobsters big ones that were smashed in half crabs the dredges were full of them smashed to bits so don't preach to me about scalloping your talking to the wrong person .

As fit the 3 potters out of Scarborough greed can drive people Steve just like some of scallopers who actually don't give **** about what damage they are doing to evetybody else's fisheries tunnel vision Steve this coastline is unique here and if the destruction isn't severly regulated which I am confident it will the long consequence wil be catastrophic the ball is now rlilling gave look on whitby gazette website and see if you can find the article I am sat in Leeds Bradford airport as we speak so no time .

Paul

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

not inside 6 mile chesters, that bit of sea is the uk's to argue over, what big cod is offering is clearing out one part of the industry to suit himself without any facts of the decimation of his grounds into pool tables. He is using the potters as a lever and an anecdotal reason why scallopers are hated so much. That's including his local scallop boats btw.

put the argument onto facebook big cod, lets have some fun. don't bother with wsf, ginge has locked me out of that one for passing on facts that are detrimental to TAT's ideal of governing all rsa with rubbish legislation they are planning for all including commercial interests, to suit their directors pockets. :)

sign up to the fishing news page on facebook big cod, really good crowed of chaps over there, they will have you in stiches with some of their comments. Both commercial and anglers on that one. :thumbs:

I propose a rsa inshore ban of landing codling, no mls, just make it when a cod reaches maturity of say 10lb. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ah there we go again Steve showing your true colours having a pop at angerlers and on an angling website shame on you you get away with it on here anywhere else you would shot down in flames you keep letting it slip .

If you cant realise that anglers with a rod and line don't pose a threat to cod stocks your a fool .

And just put the record straight one of my mates sons did a trip on one of scallop boats out of whitby last week let me tell what he said he was shocked at just what he saw the amount of lobsters big ones that were smashed in half crabs the dredges were full of them smashed to bits so don't preach to me about scalloping your talking to the wrong person .

As fit the 3 potters out of Scarborough greed can drive people Steve just like some of scallopers who actually don't give **** about what damage they are doing to evetybody else's fisheries tunnel vision Steve this coastline is unique here and if the destruction isn't severly regulated which I am confident it will the long consequence wil be catastrophic the ball is now rlilling gave look on whitby gazette website and see if you can find the article I am sat in Leeds Bradford airport as we speak so no time .

Paul

Another fascinating post paul.

Firstly I have no issues with anglers, I am a very keen angler, there is no pop at anglers.

What does annoy me is hypocrisy. You constantly whine about threats to fish in your locality, yet the biggest threat to fish in your locality is clearly you and your practice of killing industrial quantities of fish at every opportunity......it does not get any more hypocritical than that. If you can't see that then this is an issue for you and nobody else, remember that mirror that we touched on before.

To quote UK Governments formal position on angler take, specifically Cod and Bass -

Our surveys also confirm what has been found elsewhere in Europe and overseas – that sea anglers can catch a significant amount of fish. “Surely”, you say “we catch tiny amounts compared to a trawler or a netter”. A bit of simple maths shows that if a million anglers catch just 1kg of fish each year, it adds up to 1000 tonnes, which is a lot of fish.

Have you not spent the last god knows how long telling us that the scallpers were destroying everything, yet here you are telling us that they are still catching large numbers of lobster and filling the dredges with crabs, it's laughable Paul, absolutely laughable.

Everyones locality is unique, it's not just yours. The Whitby Gazette article I can find is the same old same old, someone focusing on their own interests, we all do it nothing new there.

• Like 1

Keep waffling Steve your on a tot tally lost cause the writing is on the wall tunell vision again Barry is a clown who thinks he knows everything about everything when in reality he knows very little give me a bit of time to find the story in the local rag and you can answer what these lads are saying they are local potters who making a living out of the sea they look long term not just past the end of there noses who appreciate what they have here last I said you must think ithe fisheries officer is wrong give him a bell Steve tell him he is making a big mistake or write a letter to to the local rag express your feelings and see if any of the local potters who lost £1000ss in Potts can comment .

Just landed in alicanti on buisness so a little busy but I will post the article from the local rag then you can stamp your feet for half an hour and tell them they are all wrong .

As to the crabs and lobsters Steve what get smashed to bits with the Steele hooks that rip the bottom to peices how many boxes a day a day would you say they smash up or as you keep saying they don't smash crabs and lobsters up then or is it just a myth next you will saying its palegic fishing explain how scallops get extracted from bottom do they get an electric shock the like some fishermen are doing with razor fish or are they dug out of ground like what a Plough does .

Paul

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Keep waffling Steve your on a tot tally lost cause the writing is on the wall tunell vision again Barry is a clown who thinks he knows everything about everything when in reality he knows very little give me a bit of time to find the story in the local rag and you can answer what these lads are saying they are local potters who making a living out of the sea they look long term not just past the end of there noses who appreciate what they have here last I said you must think ithe fisheries officer is wrong give him a bell Steve tell him he is making a big mistake or write a letter to to the local rag express your feelings and see if any of the local potters who lost £1000ss in Potts can comment .

Just landed in alicanti on buisness so a little busy but I will post the article from the local rag then you can stamp your feet for half an hour and tell them they are all wrong .

As to the crabs and lobsters Steve what get smashed to bits with the Steele hooks that rip the bottom to peices how many boxes a day a day would you say they smash up or as you keep saying they don't smash crabs and lobsters up then or is it just a myth next you will saying its palegic fishing explain how scallops get extracted from bottom do they get an electric shock the like some fishermen are doing with razor fish or are they dug out of ground like what a Plough does .

Paul

Could you possibly do a translation of that waffle for us earthlings..... :g:

Ps....given all that you have told us before, and the fact that the big driver for lobster poulation is good habitat, why are there any lobsters and crabs on the scallop grounds, something isn't adding up here, you seem to managing to confuse yourself.....again..... :nerd:

Pps....you are assuming that I am against the emergency closure, you shouldn't be so sure that I am, I may well fully agree with it who knows..... :marinheiro:

Edited by stevieg

I know very little about scallop fishing, but I've been reading this with interest. I've seen the videos of dredges ploughing furrows across the sea bed, and read Robert Goodwills pledge on his site after a meeting with local concerned interests, http://www.robertgoodwill.co.uk/news/mp-fishing-support-pledge (it's from last year).

I'm willing to be educated by those 'in the know'.

The sea bed (as far as I know), is made up of different types of ground, rocky, sandy, shingle etc. From what I've seen you can get a stretch of sandy sea bed, inter spaced with sections of rock. If a dredger is working a stretch of sandy sea bed, and they come across a smallish area of rock, do they withdraw the dredge until they have passed the rock, (so as not to damage it), or continue on through it, to the next stretch of sand?

John

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

:D :D :DNo no Gos, according to big cod the scallop dredgers can plough through absolutely anything and the guys really don't mind changing their rock grinding cutters every few dozen yards or so, lots of granite rock up there and it's marvellous to know how easy it is to make the granite reefs look like pool tables. And of course all the good scallops hide in amongst all these rocky reefs and not bury themselves in sand. While the lobsters and crabs have evolved to prefer the smooth featureless pool tables. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I know very little about scallop fishing, but I've been reading this with interest. I've seen the videos of dredges ploughing furrows across the sea bed, and read Robert Goodwills pledge on his site after a meeting with local concerned interests, http://www.robertgoodwill.co.uk/news/mp-fishing-support-pledge (it's from last year).

I'm willing to be educated by those 'in the know'.

The sea bed (as far as I know), is made up of different types of ground, rocky, sandy, shingle etc. From what I've seen you can get a stretch of sandy sea bed, inter spaced with sections of rock. If a dredger is working a stretch of sandy sea bed, and they come across a smallish area of rock, do they withdraw the dredge until they have passed the rock, (so as not to damage it), or continue on through it, to the next stretch of sand?

John

You would see it on your electrickery and turn whichever direction was most suitable to go round about it John then resume whichever direction you wished, be that back on the course you were on or in another direction, but in real terms you would know it was there and not go near it anyway. Despite pauls endless waffle this ground is all known, it was scallop fished long before the relatively recent explosion in potting effort which has led to the new "crisis".

The vast majority of modern scallopers have serious electronics, we have 3D seabed mapping plotters with ground discrimination, state of the art sounders, and a sonar that can "see" the seabed (and water column) 2km all around the boat, so you get plenty of warning of what is coming up ahead of you even if it was an area you had not fished before or had info from someone who had (it has been 15 years+ since I have been in this situation). It is very rare to tow in straight lines, you are always looking for the right ground, edges and contours, constantly tweaking your course seeking this.

Ps...it's a bit of a walk on the wild side this one with paul, one minute it's habitat issues, next it's charter boats, next it's cod, next it's sectoral conflict....whatever next, Al Gore popping up claiming that scallopers single handedly caused the Climate Con?

• Like 1

You would see it on your electrickery and turn whichever direction was most suitable to go round about it John then resume whichever direction you wished, be that back on the course you were on or in another direction, but in real terms you would know it was there and not go near it anyway. Despite pauls endless waffle this ground is all known, it was scallop fished long before the relatively recent explosion in potting effort which has led to the new "crisis".

The vast majority of modern scallopers have serious electronics, we have 3D seabed mapping plotters with ground discrimination, state of the art sounders, and a sonar that can "see" the seabed (and water column) 2km all around the boat, so you get plenty of warning of what is coming up ahead of you even if it was an area you had not fished before or had info from someone who had (it has been 15 years+ since I have been in this situation). It is very rare to tow in straight lines, you are always looking for the right ground, edges and contours, constantly tweaking your course seeking this.

Ps...it's a bit of a walk on the wild side this one with paul, one minute it's habitat issues, next it's charter boats, next it's cod, next it's sectoral conflict....whatever next, Al Gore popping up claiming that scallopers single handedly caused the Climate Con?

Love you Steve full off dodgy poo ask the chief fisheries officer why he the put the emergency ban on scalloping your laughable mate defending one of the most destructive forms of fishing to the marine environent .

Paul

Love you Steve full off dodgy poo ask the chief fisheries officer why he the put the emergency ban on scalloping your laughable mate defending one of the most destructive forms of fishing to the marine environent .

Paul

Untitled-1.jpg

Paul

Paul

I am intrigued paul, do tell, what is dodgy poo?

Now think long and hard because brighter sparks than you have made similar claims about my posts on various angling forums over the years, yet when it comes to showing the where and when anything I have posted is dodgy they have been found seriously wanting.

• Like 1