I went wreck fishing today

Alan Taylor

Great news Alan that you are back fishing and as ever sending in good reports. Even if it is not you that is catching all the fish. Well done.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Guest jay_con

Hi Alan,

Glad to here your on the mend. Isnt it funney how the ladies allways get the better fish? Wasnt it last summer when your good lady wife hammered all you fellows with that cracking Bass.

Glad you are fishing again Alan.

Norma says that after catching one pout, there is every incentive for you to get out again soon and catch some cod.

I've heard pout called many things, but never

"Just a bonus" :D:D Like it.

Keep in touch, and all the best.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Nice to hear you are fishing again Alan. Looking forward to your next report mate.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sounds like a fun day was had by all.....Im gonna have to get out on a boat again soon.....Last time I went I caught the only codling out of about a 1000 whiting that were caught.My friends dad has a little boat he goes in filey bay in, he is desperate for someone to join him as he now finds it difficult to launch the boat on his own.......Gonna be some good fishing this summer :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Hi all,

well I was very surprised at so many nice reactions to what was a very nice day out for me but not much to write home about with regards to fish.

It is strange what a difference making the effort to get off ones butt and saying sod it to all the commitments of normal life and just take a day for yourself and go fishing. Sonja said my eyes were sparkling again and I had a good colour to my face, it made it worth while paying some one to do my work that day.

Lots of species should be showing in the next few weeks so why not give some one a phone call that you have or have not fished with for a while and treat yourself to a day out. Live a bit now as we never know what is around the corner. Go for it.

:)

I will try and knock up some sort of story about the different types of boats that are used for charter work over here, you may find it interesting.

Thanks.

Alan.

ps garage just called, £600 to plug the hole plus new clutch and oil rings/seals. Thats life :cool:

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Great to see you posting again Alan, even better to hear you've been fishing :)

PS, have you cashed those cheques of mine yet? :rolleyes:

PPS, dump the van, get a Toyota estate instead....

[ 25. March 2005, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.