Fishing plans for 2007

Ken L

Well the summer is officially over, the rivers are up and likely to remain that way and although I might get a couple of sessions in at the tail end of the year, my mind is starting to focus on plans for 2007.

I supose mine are kinda exotic but what are your fishing plans ideas and objectives for 2007 ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the summer is officially over, the rivers are up and likely to remain that way and although I might get a couple of sessions in at the tail end of the year, my mind is starting to focus on plans for 2007.

I supose mine are kinda exotic but what are your fishing plans ideas and objectives for 2007 ?

Officially the summer end next weekend Ken! Anyway my plan for next year is get out a bit more fishing than sitting behind the computer! :(

I fancy a bit more overnighter or longer session carping and piking. Maybe a few more Barbel trips over the Malvern way and also doing a bit more coarse, specimen, and game fishing providing my health is still alright for next year!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Well, I'm planning to be off to The Andaman Islands in January followed by chasing Barramundi and Jacks in Goa and another inland excursion after the Mahseer.

When I get back to the UK, I want to try to really make the most of the early season river fishing because I missed so much of it this year following my eye surgery, I particularly want to get the fly rods out for the pike, chub and barbel on the middle Severn.

Another thing that I'd love to be able to do next year is get down to the coast and try out some of the lures and tactics that we got to work so well in India on our very own local bass.

I also have a hankering to dust off the match rods and have a couple of September sessions trotting the middle Severn for a mixed bag of silver fish with quality roach a major target. Again, I've not had chance to do that this year because we've had my terminally ill grandfather living with us through September this year and fishing was a bit of a low priority. If the weather improves and the river levels drop before we get a real cold snap, I still might do it this year but I'm begining to doubt it.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There's half the season to go yet!

While the mild weather lasts I'm sticking with the perch fishing (weather permitting - this rain isn't helping at the moment) then as soon as it gets cold I'll be piking and chubbing until the end of the season, with a bit of perch and roach fishing too when the conditions permit. I'll be mainly on the Thames probably, with some gravel pit piking and small stream chub and perch fishing in the mix too.

The main aim for the rest of this season is to get a big chub and to go out piking with a few people.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

There's half the season to go yet!

EXACTLY!!!

My perching has just kicked off in the last couple of weeks - managed my best of the season (2lb13oz) from a very coloured river Kennet on Saturday. And I haven't even started by grayling campaign yet!!!

For me 1st October is almost like the start of another season - I look forward to it almost as much as 16th June! Many species are just coming into their prime at this time of year....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Mate. It's not over yet, half a season to go. I love the winter as much as they summer.

half a season to go.

There might be 9 weeks left but looking at this http://www.bridgnorth-dc.gov.uk/static/page970.htm I'd say the river season is well and truely over for me.

Like I said, I might get myself out on a couple of stillwaters for short sessions but I'm already starting to look ahead.

Bloody hell, Ken! you ever thought about getting a job with Mark Lawrenson - another doom and gloom merchant? As far as I'm concerned, Autumn is by far the best season. No more boiling hot days, sweltering with low water levels. So the river levels are up - they certainly need the water. So how are they "likely to remain that way"? Are we going to experience a deluge of biblical proportions?

For me 1st October is almost like the start of another season - I look forward to it almost as much as 16th June! Many species are just coming into their prime at this time of year....

C.

Me too. I'm really looking forward to this autumn and winter. It's been pouring with rain on and off for the past week and the rivers will be getting a great flush. Pike, barbel, chub, roach and perch. Bliss!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.