Passport for Ireland?

Guest Ferret1959

depends on the mode of transport

on most ferrys NO

by air Yes

short and sweet but hope it helps

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Guest Ferret1959

That's all I wanted Les, short n sweet.

It's not for me but need to know to settle a little bit of dispute.

She said yes and I said no.

We are both right.

She's traveling by plane and I went on the ferry a while back.

Thanks for getting back so quick.

Looks like a trip to Peterborough pronto. :)

Edited by Ferret1959

you do not need a passport for Ireland ...................you can use your driving licence as ID at the airport if traveling from UK.

My brother has just been and come back from Belfast without a passport .........and he went by plain............I dont know about the ferry though.

Edited by pestguard1

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

Ferret, I fly over to Ireland 4 or 5 times a year. I always use my driving licence as identification and never had a problem.

It is one of those new fangled photograph ones though, don't try going with the old paper version !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

When travelling to a country(s) outside the UK you should always carry your passport.

While the EEC has open borders you need your passport as proof of your country of origin. Though it is rare this is checked within the Republic of Ireland other photo ID will assist ( new format drivers licence ), but a passport will to be needed if, for example, a security situation kicks off.

Andrew Boyd

Guest Ferret1959

Just to be on the safe side Yasmin is getting a passport and a rediculas price over £100.

How do they justify that cost?

Dave.

I was in Cork two weeks ago.

To get through immigration, you will need photo ID – A passport, a photo driving licence or a works photo ID card will do.

If you want to hire a car, you will need to take your paper driving licence in addition to the photocard because the photocard is not valid in Ireland.

On the subject of car hire, if you are planning on hiring a car, DO IT ONLINE BEFORE YOU GO ! It is vastly more expensive to do it at the airport. It would have cost us £16.50 a day with Hertz for a small car if we’d booked ahead but for various reasons we couldn’t and it ended up costing us 54 euros a day for the same car !

B&B is expensive with prices going from 30 to 45 euros per person per night.

You will have to bear in mind that a lot of B&B’s have now closed for the season so don’t leave finding one to the last minute.

Everything was priced way over the odds (Beer 3.50 euros a pint etc) and I have to say that on the whole, I found the whole experience to be a bit of a rip off and wont be back unless I’m on a bike with a tent.

That said, I hope you have a good trip. The Dingle peninsular in particular was stunning with great fishing potential and that’s where I’ll be heading if I ever make that bike trip.

Ken

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.