Norfolk & Suffolk Broads need your help.

Peter Waller

Contrary to popular belief on here I have no "hatchet " to bury regarding Mr Waller, I bear him no malice because he has not done anything to deserve it to me (not to my knowledge anyway) I do believe passionately however that Mr Waller is trying to hunt with the hounds and run with the fox, he calls it compromise, I cannot see how a boater can fight the corner of Anglers or vice versa, only my opinion of course and one which I am happy to share with others on a forum that is here as a platform for opinions.....unless I am incorrect with that as opinion well!

In a nutshell I am not happy with Mr Waller and the other members of the BA Navigation committee forwarding a motion for long poles to be banned from the Broads, remember us anglers were not forewarned or asked about this, and the only reason any of you are aware of this (other than Mr Waller) is because I stumbled across it on another forum, I am very uneasy supporting anything to do with the boating fraternity because of this........that is all .

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot see how a boater can fight the corner of Anglers or vice versa

Easy.....If they were to fish from a boat! But that's already been pointed out and ignored.

Paul

Bob, what on earth has your disagreement with Peter regarding long poles got to to with this issue? To interested observers who won't directly be affected by either issue it seems that you're refusing to support Peter out of spite. Presumably if Peter had got involved with a petition asking for dredging to be stopped you'd call for the opposite!

Or do you have any objection to the call for more dredging - apart that is from the fact that Peter is supporting it?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Bob, what on earth has your disagreement with Peter regarding long poles got to to with this issue? To interested observers who won't directly be affected by either issue it seems that you're refusing to support Peter out of spite. Presumably if Peter had got involved with a petition asking for dredging to be stopped you'd call for the opposite!

Or do you have any objection to the call for more dredging - apart that is from the fact that Peter is supporting it?

No, not spite Steve just a deep mistrust...I feel like anglers have been knifed in the back and are now being asked to support the very people that perpetrated the deed, who knows what other plans these people have for the helpless angler? Anglers do have Representatives that are supposed to be consulted over issues like the banning of long poles or any angling issue regarding the BA .....but that has not been the case ....and THAT is what sets my alarm bells ringing....would you support any motion you are not 100% sure about?

I will not change my mind on this issue so Mr Waller will have to do without my support...I am sure he will manage.

By the way the objection to long poles on the Broads was raised as a navigation issue by a member of the BA navigation committee...aparantly the poles are a hazard and nuisance to boaters....the fact that there are very few areas on the entire Broads system (and that is a vast area!) where poles are used in any number seems to cut no ice with the weekend admirals.....ironically now that it looks like the boaters rights to sail where they wish (navigation yet again) is under threat they are turning to anglers for support....well not this one thank you very much, I will support them if they leave anglers to enjoy their perfectly legal sport in peace however.

To all you folk who have signed as anglers, thank you. It gives us anglers greater recognition. I have just received an e-mail from Jamie Campbell, the organiser of the petition, he is over the moon with the support of anglers. It certainly gives me greater strength when representing angling on the Broads, I shall certainly play on the fact that so many of you have expressed concern. The Broads isn't just about yachting.

Edited by Peter Waller