Norfolk & Suffolk Broads need your help.

Peter Waller

Having seen Peter's post about how angling will be affected I've signed the petition. No. 215.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steve, from you that is really appreciated, Graham Marsden, Charlie Bettell and all other anglers too. I shall tear into the buggers at this afternoon's meeting with the Authority, yeehaaaaaaaaaaa!

Well whilst you are tearing into them Mr Waller please remember some anglers like to fish with a long pole...not all anglers fish from or own boats and some anglers fish for species other than Pike.

I have two questions for you Mr Waller that the forum may be interested in knowing the answer to;

You say you represent anglers and their interests on the Norfolk Broads....why is it then that you did not alert your fellow anglers to the proposal to ban long poles on the Broads system ?

Where is the petition to sign opposing this proposal?

Edited by Bob Bradford

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Bob, I bought a kayak to fish for pike because I like to catch pike, and I wanted to kayak around the rivers and broads (and sea) that forms the area around where I live. And I'm glad I did as my catches are way higher than before and it's far more satisfying. I've had it six months. Each to their own. Thus I fear that the Broads are in danger of being screwed up for everyone (by people who can't even deal with the day-to-day running of their organisation properly - lets use licences as an example) who wants to use them - boaters, anglers, holidaymakers (and those who make their livig from them). I also support a stand against any further erosion of the rights of us little minions by governments and official bodies who think they can do whatever they please without regard to our wishes. The areas in question don't affect me - yet - but do affect a good many other people. Not that petitions are worth anything but at least i didn't just sit idly by.

As to you, and others, using poles I see no reason why that shouldn't be allowed and I will sign any petition related to that should you get one up and running - as would many others I'm sure. Write one instead of asking where one is and then tell us and we'll add our names. I don't fish with a pole, never have and see no attraction for me - but I damned well support your right to catch what you like how you like where you like when you like. If you have to break it down to allow other river/bank users to use the area as they need to then I'm sure you would gladly do so, and that is where the idea of compromise and people being respectful to each other comes in. Far preferable to an authority bossing everyone about.

Just my ramble.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Bob, its called timing. Trust me.

Plus, just a small matter, the details of the draft reference to controlling obstructions has only just been published. But I'll say it again, trust me.

Angling Times is onto the story now.

Edited by Peter Waller

OK Mr Waller I will relent .......for now, I hope and pray you truly are on the side of anglers, all anglers, that wish to fish the Norfolk Broads as you say you are.

A very interesting post Mark Crame and good luck to you, earlier in the summer I spoke to a couple of canoeist with a Sat Nav on board on the Yare one Saturday whilst fishing a match....could it be one of them was you?

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

A very interesting post Mark Crame and good luck to you, earlier in the summer I spoke to a couple of canoeist with a Sat Nav on board on the Yare one Saturday whilst fishing a match....could it be one of them was you?

Hi Bob,

no, not me, satnav is a bit OTT for me... I don't even have it in the car. Hey, a map is fine, a compass if it's really intricate (rivers aren't too easy to mess up). I've mainly done the Waveney from Worlingham through to Bungay - some lovely water there, and largely inaccessible from the bank - but this week i've taken advantage of 'a local broad'. See here for an idea about the opportunities for a kayak: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=68614 I seem to have outfished everyone this week. I might be out again on Saturday with another forum member so you could always come and say hi. PM me if you don't recognise the broad from the pics in the thread (day 2 and 3).

I'd never fished there before apart from 3 times chucking from the bank to kill an afternoon. It's on my doorstep too so the kayak has really broadened my horizons and oportunities. Thoroughly recommend it.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.