Catch and Release

glennk

Catch And Release  

21 members have voted

1. 1. My Thoughts On Catch And Release

• I want to have the right to be able to keep every fish I ever catch regardless of whether I have a use for it or not
    • I am a responsible conservationally minded member of the fishing community. I will only keep what fish I have a use for (includes keeping for bait, feeding the dog or cat, and distributing to family and friends).
    • My Name is swampy anyone who kills a fish will find themselves buring in hell in the not to distant future. Anyone who kills a fish and doesnt return it needs to take a closer look at their values.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadly serious Nigel. I'm sure you as a scientist will be familiar with methods used to get the answers you desire. Not saying that all scientists practice that way of course <_<:P:)

Absolutely Glenn, but the last option says it all. There was no need for the hystrionics, a simple "I don't take fish so all my fishing is catch and release" would suffice, instead of the Swampy etc. etc.

I want to have the right to be able to keep every fish I ever catch regardless of whether I have a use for it or not

perhaps it should have read

I want to have the right to be able to keep every fish I ever catch regardless of whether I have a use for it or not and to trust my own judgement to return it to the sea

i do not Need some beaurocrat government body making the decision harder by imposing bag limits and a license telling me what, where.and when i can pursue a pastime i have done for the last forty years

I want to have the right to be able to keep every fish I ever catch regardless of whether I have a use for it or not

sounds more like something a commercial would say

When the first steam engines took to the road there were no rules in place but as time went by it was deemed necessary to have a man walking in front of the machine waving a red flag.

As the machines got faster and eventually switched to petrol engines more rules were introduced like driving on the left-hand side of the road.

It was then decided that as there was so many of these infernal things it was time to bring in a licence.

After some time it was decided that the obtaining of a license would require a test in order to bring some quality into the realms of driving.

Then came the dreaded traffic cop only to be followed by the camera.

I guess what I am saying is times have changed, the number of anglers has grown and not everyone is willing to apply common sense hence we all have to be brought to order.

I know one chap who is a computer programmer so is blessed with a reasonable brain that does not eat fish but takes home everything regardless of size to feed his moggy.

Conservation is not in his dictionary and he has no knowledge of minimum sizes and no wish to learn.

Unfortunately he is not a lonely sole there are vast numbers out there who behave likewise. :rolleyes:

Whether a license is the answer I am not sure, how they will enforce bag limits I am not sure but maybe it will give us a bigger shout if we are lucky. :D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

who will decide on what bag limits will apply to what species though ken?

what if the people who have a say decide that their"special fish" should be catch and release only?

i.e no mullet for example are allowed to be retained, or no bass?

or only 2 cod in 24 hours, when a guy might catch 4 in one night, and that would be it for his season?

it wont matter too much to me as im 1500km away, but even from this distance i can SEE you poor buggers getting shafted.

Why not just let the cases be put forward on their own Merit.

Ian I know feels he has a sound case for bag limits in the pollock fishery of his coastline. Knowing Ian it will be a well thought out plane based in science and designed to improve the fishing. Let Ian Take his ideas to DEFRA and say we will pay a licence and suffer bag limits in our area so we can have the improved fishing. If it falls flat on its arse and Ian is paying 20 quid a year to fish for nothing then he will have to suffer that or of course the opposite could happen and he may become a local hero for Bringing fantastic pollock fishing to the good people of Scotland.

Nigels Passion is Tope and Bass. So let Nigel take his ideas and do a deal on bass fishing and tope fishing then pay a licence for the pleasure of an improved fishery.

Cod fishing is on the downward slope. Its a commercial main target, the government don't give a **** (if you dont believe me wait till they go to europe in 4 weeks time and see how much they care). Why should I suffer the expense of paying to fish for something noone cares about, why should I have to take home 2 fish from my catch of 5. Why should I see the local fishing club finished for no benefit to anyone except Arnold Locker ???? No thankyou very much.