Casting hype

Guest bennyTHEBASS

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't dream of spending hundreds of pounds on a set of golf clubs just to whack a ball when a cheap stick would do the same job, but those that enjoy the sport won't blink an eye at a huge bill of sale..why not, if you enjoy what you do, it's your money.

Goes the same for most things in life, even listening to music, i do it on a £200.00 Hi Fi, others want to listen on a £2000+ system, personally they sound the same to me..everyone got the right to their own thing in life. :)

Come on guys, if you dont want or need a new rod or reel dont buy one. If you think the magazine is printing rubbish dont buy it. If you dont need to cast far dont. Its all about choices no ones holding a knife to you demanding you buy a new rod, reel, book or magazine. The fact is at certain venues/times you will only catch fish at distance, if you cant do it you dont catch FACT. A good caster can always drop short. As a Sea Angler Casting Instructor i would never say that distance is the be all and end all of fishing, indeed i caught my best Bass last season from under my rod tip. The fact of the matter is if the fish are feeding at long range in a gutter or on the far side of a bank i can also find them. I also find that the most useful time to put good casting to use is as the wind blows hard in your face, the average caster struggles to clear the surf but the competent caster can get beyond this and hold out in some very rough weather. Not far out but hes fishing and everyone else has gone home, bait in water =fish.

All the best guys, remember its all about the fishing, we are all in it to enjoy ourselves each to their own and all that stuff. Regards Ryan Lynch

well said but some people have a one track mind when fishing at distance.i have done it myself it was as far as possible whatever.and when you fish distance venues a lot it is hard to fish closer in.

i am at the moment trying to improve my distance but its only useful on rare occasions.but why not have it available to you.

Maximo, i agree some people cast as far as they can, however i think they are going casting and not fishing, if its fish you want you cast to them be it 30yds or 130yds. i for one only go fishing and take as much pleasure catching under the rod tip as at range, in fact my most enjoyable days have been spent casting poppers from the shore and catching small schoolies great!! and not a super rod or reel in sight.

Ryan.

i agree ryan but the mags are southern angler dominated and so casting is pushed a lot as being the only way to catch fish.

also rods are pushed a lot in them its as if the gear matters more than skill.

its a shame as i had chance to look through some mags from 70s and much more interesting fishing wise.true there were more fish but there were different ideas