Casting hype

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Hi Stavey

The trouble is you don't really know what to boycot. These corporations are vast, I used to work in quality assurance and I was tracing the origin of steel used on structural bolts I went half way round the world for two months on a paper chase and eventualy found out the steel came from a Chinese works which was banned from suppling metal for this type of use. It is a never ending story.

Take one company ABU who actually owns it, who are the controlling share holders? I don't know but looking at the American and Sweedish web sites I have a gut feeling the yanks have a big shout. They have the largest fishing and hunting market in the world and they just love to aquire aquisitions to control their market. They have the buying power. Take another simple item hooks, easy to manufacture on enormous scale, easy to distribute, and a fantastic market, I wonder how much of that market they control.

Sorry mate but it does go on an on, and it is not just fishing tackle.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bennyTHEBASS

stavey:

tackle manufacturers, dealers, magazines, tv angling shows ,etc,etc, all these and the people involved who make money out of recreational sea angling, need to hold their hands up and say what have they done to improve the overal chances of the average joe to go down the beach and catch a half decent fish. in my opinion very little, to sum extent they have made it harder. it has been said and i dont doubt it, that 10% catch 90% of the fish because the other 90% havn't got a clue how to use the modern technology, well that 90% of the 10% have been handicapped from the start they have been given  no choice because thats how the manufacturers have manipulated the market to justify their ridiculous prices, have you also noticed that all the early pioneers of this equipment ie, tourney casters are now financialy involved in selling this stuff one way or another, all these people and wealth should now stand up and be counted and do something possitive about the real reasons why we dont catch decent fish anymore,ie, put some serious money in the various conservation org's like the NFSA,SACN,BASS, etc.

Stavey,

spot on mate! I hope when anglers who have read this thread see those articles in the mags and think, wonder how much he's getting for that then. not how much he's helped them? if any!

Guest bennyTHEBASS

Anyone seen the front page of sea angler??(why long rods catch more fish) what a load of toss. I only use 11-6 rods and have no problems catching fish :confused: :confused:

If you think you have enough tackle, then don't buy any more. Is that approach too simple?

The stuff is so cheap(if you are in work) nowadays, compared to 40 years ago, and the essentials of life take up much less of our wages, it's no wonder that tackle makers are selling stuff that isn't really needed.

We used to dream of getting hold of a tank ariel to use for making a rod. Now it's not worth the time involved. Far better to do a few hours overtime and buy something ready-made, or give up booze and fags for a few weeks. You can have what ever you want nowadays, but you have to want it hard enough.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

hey jim, its a shame that same type of attidude is not adopted when it comes down to a bit of time and money for conservation , all i get from anglers tackle dealers,etc is im not paying a penny in to anything when its for free, then on the other hand they would'nt think twice of laying out £300 on the latest, zipoconoflex casting pole to catch 4oz whiting, its a crazy mentality i am having trouble to comprehend.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

youve cant mean youve only just stumbled across an age old selling ploy

put the word "proffesional" "heavy duty" "tournament",the letter "Z" and "super" on anything spray on a different colour so as to show to others it has that word and not only will you sell it but for far more than it would without it :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

surely its up to the individual what they spend on gear,just as some folk have to have everything top of the range even designer baby gear?

as for me all my rods are top of the range,but all bar one bought 2nd hand.

i totally agree though the companies making money out of angling should be putting something back in.all there is now is a few match sponsorships,penn sea league and shimano mission.

nothing for conservation even the new companies who drive prices down what do they put back,nothing.they just compete with established british companies and make it harder for them.

but at the end of the day no one can stop the fisheries decline until the government and eu sees sense.and when will that happen.

the few guys that are trying to get things done for conservation, are fighting an uphill battle not only against this government and the commercials but also anglers, the amount of support if any they get is pathetic.i am man enough to hold my hands up and say some of the posts i have made on these forums dont help much but, it is only to try and prick a few people's conscience, but after being involved in a small local campaigne compared to them in a very small way, i now know how difficult it is to try and change anglers apathetic attitudes.

you are right stavey a lot of people are attracted to sea angling because it is free to fish and a lot of them are very stingey i know this for a fact .i would love to have better fishing and would be prepared to pay for it.i know salmon anglers just regular working class blokes like me who hold licences for 3 or 4 rivers costing them £3-500 a year .do they complain ,no because they have chance of decent fishing.they also cannot keep a fish till june.

ask a sea angler to part with 50p extra for club matches there is uproar.

i am not boasting but i would put myself in the 10% who gets 90% of the fish and when i fish certain places and see anglers getting virtually nothing back for the effort and time it makes me wonder why they carry on,i know i wouldnt and if it ever gets that bad for me i would seriously think about trying another kind of fishing.

hello again hoggy, i am finding when i pass my opinion on people that make money from sea angling in this case rod manufacterers, 99% of the replys i get from peole in the trade who dont like my opinion dissagree, obviously, but these forums i thought were for anglers as well, maybe im mistaken, perhaps you are one of these 99%, if that is the case and i have managed to influence millions of american anglers with one reply on an angling forum perhaps you should offer me a position in your company. if not i congratulate you on your patriotism.