Casting hype

Guest bennyTHEBASS

This site is the best mag I've read in years, hundred of people from starters to old f**ts like me still learning as we go. And you don't have to wait for the next issue, it is active all the time. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like winter i'm lucky enough to live somewhere where on most days a soft lob of a cast (and thats all i know how to do) with me low budget Daiwa Moonraker and big fixed spool reel, gets me right in among the cod.

In the summer I might even have the advantage because the option of casting long is not there, and given that the rock cod are at my feet, or possibly in that 6ft of water in the gully 25 yards back, not being able to powercast is very much a good thing. Its bait i obsess on; forget power casting its peeler that is the key. No peeler then don't bother whatever the gear.

Come the winter and things change a lot. More than once I've stood at Arbroath harbour catching nothing while guys who can cast are doing well.

I'd like to have the kind of ability and gear those guys have, that option to switch ranges, but it just ain't me; not got the time or interest to learn. Can't see any reason to disrespect them though, they have made the effort and earn the reward. Course, come the summer its bait that counts

Guess it all varies depending on where we fish..

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

caught any smokies

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

jaffa yove got youre head screwed on right its bait and knowledge that catches fish not the latest superduper rod.

but its not hard to cast a reasonable distance and a stiffer rod would probably increase your o/head thump.

another tip for rod buyers always be 1 or 2 models behind as the suckers always have to be up to date.but you dont.

stavey:

they would'nt think twice of laying out £300 on the latest, zipoconoflex casting pole to catch 4oz whiting, its a crazy mentality i am having trouble to comprehend.

Then don't bother to try, just go fishing!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

There are no hard and fast rules in our sport.

A open mind will catch you more fish than reading modern yellow sea angling mags.

Long distance casting will catch you a lot more fish when the fish are at range and short lobs will catch more when the fish are close. Sounds patraniseing but a lot of anglers have not got the confidence to fish close.

I fish a local flats mark a lot in April/May.

Most of the time there are at least 5 othe anglers fishing. Genraly using heavy gear and wacking out 6oz breakaways, they catch a few bass.

I stroll along with a nackered old carp rod, ABU 6000 with 10lb line, packet of 3/0 hooks, 5 or 6 spark plugs and 20 to 30 peelers. I start fishing at 6 hour flood and finsh genraly at 1.5 hour edd. Normally I catch 10 to bass with maybe 5 over 36cm. A lot of the fish are 2.5lb but thereare bigger ones.In 2003 i didnt catch a under sizes fish until June the 3rd. All this fishing is done at aroud 10 to 25 yards out, most of the others are fishing past the featchers.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!