Nigel Williams

fishfinder

Breaking the rules would have been if he was livebaiting in Ireland where it is banned.I have NO problem at all in this as it is a stupid rule that has no founding in either common sense or science.Catching a few fish and using them as live bait would have caused no problems what so ever despite breaking a rule.

I beg to differ, Budgie. It is Irish law that prohibits livebaiting, just as English law prohibits it, and the use of freshwater fish deadbaits, in certain Cumbrian lakes.

If you were caught on one of those Cumbrian waters with dead coarse fish in your possesion while pike fishing you would be prosecuted. It has happened recently.

Dave

dlstsig.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we are correcting people, I feel it is very important to point out that ANGLERS MAIL employ Williams for articles on a weekly basis......not the Angling Times, the Angling Times interviewed Williams but did not pay him one solitary penny nor did he ask for any money, I know this as fact because I e-mailed Richard Lee and asked him last week.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Here is the reply e-mail ...copied and pasted;

Dear Bob

Many thanks for the mail regarding Mr Williams.

It isn't normal practice to discuss internal business as all

transactions I enter into are private and only of relevance to the

parties involved. Obviously I wouldn't expect you to tell me how much

you earn per year.

That said, this particular subject is sensitive so I think you ask a

fair question to which I reply Nigel will be receiving no pounds, no

shillings and no pence. Neither did he at any time request payment.

I hope this explains things in full.

Tight lines for the winter ahead.

Richard.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Here is the reply e-mail ...copied and pasted;

Dear Bob

Many thanks for the mail regarding Mr Williams.

It isn't normal practice to discuss internal business as all

transactions I enter into are private and only of relevance to the

parties involved. Obviously I wouldn't expect you to tell me how much

you earn per year.

That said, this particular subject is sensitive so I think you ask a

fair question to which I reply Nigel will be receiving no pounds, no

shillings and no pence. Neither did he at any time request payment.

I hope this explains things in full.

Tight lines for the winter ahead.

Richard.

Good!

Quote:

"Before slating him and calling for his public castration I ask

"Do you always obey the speed limits?" ""

No, I don't always obey speed limits. If I get caught, it's not a "mistake", certainly not the biggest "mistake" of my life. I may, and have, ended up in court. When I have been to court, it has been to show my respect for the judicial process, and to make a personal representation over mitigating factors.

I would describe such things as the following as a "mistake":

1. Believing that if I was a public figure, or being in the public eye, (possibly for my opinions, or for proffering my "expert" advice), that there wouldn't be someone out there, who would take an opportunity to drop me in the dooh-dooh, stitch me up, or otherwise.

2. Believing that if I broke the law, but didn't get caught, that I would be considered a "lovable rogue", or a "Robin Hood" character.

3. Believing that my "legendary" angling prowess, should come at the expense of my integrity, credibility and respect from my fellow anglers.

If you look at the anglers who have really commanded LASTING respect from other anglers, they have not procrastinated over their own exploits, but rather given guidance and encouragement to other anglers to go out and catch fish for themselves, at their own pace (and the fish's). They have highlighted their failures, to the same extent as they have highlighted other people's successes, as well as their own. In that way, they have maintained their credibility.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

All, please note the following sent to Tim Knight, Editor Angler's Mail:

Dear Mr Wright,

Please note that due to my personal disgust over the recent behaviour of one of your reguilar contributors, Nigel Williams, I will no longer be picking your publication up from the shelf in Tesco's, Maidstone branch, while the wife does the shopping. I will of course not then be putting it back on the shelf when I see her at the end of the meat counter.

I hope that this does not impact on your advertising department too much.

Sincerely

Dunk Fairley

Edited by Dunk Fairley

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

All, please note the following sent to Tim Knight, Editor Angler's Mail:

Dear Mr Wright,

Please note that due to my personal disgust over the recent behaviour of one of your reguilar contributors, Nigel Williams, I will no longer be picking your publication up from the shelf in Tesco's, Maidstone branch, while the wife does the shopping. I will of course not then be putting it back on the shelf when I see her at the end of the meat counter.

I hope that this does not impact on your advertising department too much.

Sincerely

Dunk Fairley

I am sure that Mr. Knight will be quaking in his boots :P

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/