malibu yaks

niko

i have to add a few comments to this thread that seems to be headed down hill (i only started it to express how pleased i am with the yak)

basically the guys from oz(and ken from malibu) helped me,and others out when the problems with stuart arose they were not the people selling to me and with out them i would have no yak and no money

they are not the uk dealers they are australia and nz so there comments don't help themselves financially

so i think some of the comments are a bit harsh ,i would of been well and truely ****ed with out them on side

it does seem a bit odd that people making comments about malibu are jumped on but not if comments are made about ocean kayaks?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it does seem a bit odd that people making comments about malibu are jumped on but not if comments are made about ocean kayaks?

Not strictly true, my friend CFF was accused on one of the threads discussing problems with the prowler elites of being a rep or dealer for OK because he disagreed with what was being said by a couple of members and had stuck up for OK because of the excellent service we had received from them.

I personally have no problems with anybody recommending a product or company because they have received a good service(ooh er) or because said product works well but i can understand that some people don't think that suppliers/importers should be plugging their goods on here be it Ok, Malibu or any other manufacturer.personnal recommendations from happy customers or the general sharing of information about products i would think would be fine with most people though.

Not strictly true, my friend CFF was accused on one of the threads discussing problems with the prowler elites of being a rep or dealer for OK because he disagreed with what was being said by a couple of members and had stuck up for OK because of the excellent service we had received from them.

I personally have no problems with anybody recommending a product or company because they have received a good service(ooh er) or because said product works well but i can understand that some people don't think that suppliers/importers should be plugging their goods on here be it Ok, Malibu or any other manufacturer.personnal recommendations from happy customers or the general sharing of information about products i would think would be fine with most people though.

Cmon guys! This has been done to death (sponsorship etc) and I thought that we agreed that we were all big and ugly enough to make our own decisions!!!!!

We are all mates here and all share the EXCELLENT sport of kayak fishing, that includes ALL kayaks and kit no matter what the brand / make.

Oh by the way, I am not at all ugly though, I lied, I am gorgeous really ha ha :lol: ......Dave

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Cutting through all the smoke and debris of this thread it would appear the real message is "OK and Malibu announce leak testing of kayaks is now done as standard" (by some) ;)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Cutting through all the smoke and debris of this thread it would appear the real message is "OK and Malibu announce leak testing of kayaks is now done as standard" (by some) ;)

evening mate!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I agree that this thread has run its course, but I will add,

That I think in this day and age if a manufacture / distributor / retailer can inform or warn,

Make aware any problems that can go wrong with the product that they are selling,

Show the general public what they are doing to fix it, then surely this can only be a good thing.

I do not think Chevin with his post was telling Niko that the Kayak that he has got will give him problems, lets face it the Scupper's take the most bashing,, we drop them from our cars, we drag them across the beach the ground,,our kids jump up and down on them, we get fatter while drinking lots of beer while trying to catch the one that got away :sun:

"So surely prevention while recognising the potential problem is the cure"

You read far to often in life the lack of help or commitment, "thats" when there should be an assination of someones post, not when the post is trying to be constructive.

There are too many people out there who are arm chair critics and are too quick to bring a product down,any product," if only they were that quick to praise".

In this case 99% of the people in this thread for an example, would not know what a Malibu Kayak was if it paddled along side them and bit them on the ass :headhurt:

I have gone back through a lot of posts and the Prowler 15 got a similar type of bashing, but now OK have removed the model from the range, not replaced it, removed it.

I think that takes big kahunnas, thats real recognition of a problem and now they have fixed it, or are attempting to,, Andrew would be better at answering this.

Niko

Great to see that you have eventually got your X-Factor and the first Malibu on the water in the British Isles, Stuart does not count,,, and I am sure it will not be the last Malibu you go paddling with.

"Lets Fish"

Hi Andy (Mad Yakker),

I thought that the 'P15' had been superseded by the 'Prowler Elite 4.5' which seemed to be the same vessel but with some moulding modifications; (15ft = 4.57M).

Are you saying that the P15 was 'scrapped' because it was substantially flawed?

Moonyaker

Edited by Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

I agree that this thread has run its course, but I will add,

That I think in this day and age if a manufacture / distributor / retailer can inform or warn,

Make aware any problems that can go wrong with the product that they are selling,

Show the general public what they are doing to fix it, then surely this can only be a good thing.

I do not think Chevin with his post was telling Niko that the Kayak that he has got will give him problems, lets face it the Scupper's take the most bashing,, we drop them from our cars, we drag them across the beach the ground,,our kids jump up and down on them, we get fatter while drinking lots of beer while trying to catch the one that got away :sun:

"So surely prevention while recognising the potential problem is the cure"

You read far to often in life the lack of help or commitment, "thats" when there should be an assination of someones post, not when the post is trying to be constructive.

There are too many people out there who are arm chair critics and are too quick to bring a product down,any product," if only they were that quick to praise".

In this case 99% of the people in this thread for an example, would not know what a Malibu Kayak was if it paddled along side them and bit them on the ass :headhurt:

I have gone back through a lot of posts and the Prowler 15 got a similar type of bashing, but now OK have removed the model from the range, not replaced it, removed it.

I think that takes big kahunnas, thats real recognition of a problem and now they have fixed it, or are attempting to,, Andrew would be better at answering this.

Niko

Great to see that you have eventually got your X-Factor and the first Malibu on the water in the British Isles, Stuart does not count,,, and I am sure it will not be the last Malibu you go paddling with.

"Lets Fish"

chears mate and well said

Yes, the thread has become pointless especially as some posters are not reading what has been said. I will take another of my long breakls from AN as this just seems to happen so frequently. :(

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.