Happy Angler

Leon Roskilly

316578755_0a22068531.jpg

A 2lb 30z Roach.

I'd be happy with that! :)

Boy would I be happy with that!!!!

Beautiful shot, lovely detail all round...but..& it's a very small but, holding them towards the camera does upset the size perspective of the fish. A fish to treasure though no doubts, & caught by the only half decent Labour MP in the sorry batch.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Reading West MP Martin Salter who is Labour’s Parliamentary Spokesman for Angling and Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Angling Group has landed his first 2lb plus roach of the season.

Taking advantage in the rise in water levels which usually trigger the roach to feed Martin visited the Bristol Avon near Chippenham and caught three specimens over 1½lbs topped by this 2lb 3oz beauty.

Successful tactics were waggler and red maggots offered on an 18 hook to a 0.10mm hooklink fished tight across to the far bank.

Martin Salter MP said:

“I always try and land a couple of big roach each winter but I don’t usually get a two pounder until well after Christmas and some years not at all. So I was well pleased to land this beautiful specimen whilst there were still a few leaves left on the trees.”

Martin has taken over fifty 2lb roach plus roach from seven different rivers with a personal best fish of 2lb 14½oz.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Thassa kee-racker!!.... :thumbs:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Me? A pedunkle? Naaa, nasty racist term that!

it is Short for pike angler pedunkle is not a racist term used there i reckon,

i think its fine to call pike anglers Peduncles no harm intended pedunkle its just an abbreviation.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Boy would I be happy with that!!!!

Beautiful shot, lovely detail all round...but..& it's a very small but, holding them towards the camera does upset the size perspective of the fish. A fish to treasure though no doubts, & caught by the only half decent Labour MP in the sorry batch.

he isn't holding it to-wards the camera the poor guy has a disiese call jianthandsitis, lmao :yeah:

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I would gladly swop a 30lb pike and a dozen treble figure cats plus aa couple of 50lb+ carp to catch one of those! Over 50 twos Im impressed.Les Webber once told me that Martin was quite an acomplished angler..I had just thought Les was being polite!

Also Ive just noticed that he bears a bit of a resembelance to Ray Mumford! or what I would think Ray looks like now!

Great fish I am very envious.

Ta for putting the pic up Leon I never tire of ones like that.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!