AN Fish- in River Test

Tony U

Rusty

See my PM you will have a place whatever happens

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting closer and colder.

What time does it start and do we meet up before entering the fishery?

Rog

Fishing is from 8am to sunset, people meet up in the car park before that usually, say some hellos and then look in the slow carrier and get all excited!

I have a question about hooks -I know it's barbless only, but are squashed barbs OK or do they need to be shop-bought barbless?

PS in case anyone didn't know, I think Timsbury has a ban on braided mainlines?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I can't believe the weather forecast for Sunday, lets hope it changes again before then :o I will see you all in the afternoon as I will be down with the chuck wagon to see if we can beat last years record of 5 in my bed ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all again and to meeting those I have not met before.

lyn

PS Sue or Tony PM me anything you would like me to bring down. ( My kelly kettle is on board if we need 2 on the go)

PPS To everyone. Whose turn to supply the bacon rolls? (I don't mind cooking them)

Edited by lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Lyn

Sue's plan is to do mulled Cider; it is going to be split with apple juice so as to be not too alcoholic. Looking at the weather FX we will be bringing the gas stove as well as the Kelly Kettle.

I will get her to put up a post tonight

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Spoke to a friend of mine who was at Timsbury a couple of days ago.He found it hard going even in the relatively mild conditions that prevailed at the time, with the much talked about temperature crash we are due for the weekend it could be grim :mellow:

Most of his catch consisted of small grayling and most of them came from one swim!....apperently long sections of the river seemed devoid of fish.There were a couple of optimists on the slow carrier legering flake for the fabled roach but with no joy.

Still i am looking forward to this day out immensely despite the prophet of doom tone of my post. :D

See you all on Sunday.

[PPS To everyone. Whose turn to supply the bacon rolls? (I don't mind cooking them)

Lyn,

Put me down for the bacon. PM me with suggestions about quantity and I'll bring it down with me.

Who's up for the rolls?

Steve C.

Who's up for the rolls?

I'll bring rolls. Please could lyn PM me with an idea of the quantity required?

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

Unfortunately, I had to pass on Timsbury due to the fact I have to commission the building management system on one of our projects this weekend. It's really, really not what I wanted, but I have no choice in the matter as the project must be up and running by Monday :(:(:(

I have a room booked and paid for at the Winchester Sutton Scotney Travel Lodge from Saturday to Sunday and if any of you fancy having that free of charge they are very welcome. Shoot me an pm if you are interested and I'll give you the details.

Cheers

Vidar

Sorry to hear that Vidar, that is rotten luck.

I've got bread drying out ready for mashing and sorted out the tangle of fly gear (I've never fly fished from under a brolly before :rolleyes::D ).

It may be tough but the fish are there, it might just take a bit of legwork to find them. I think I'll leave the slow carrier to you lot, sounds like a headbanger!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm still keeping quiet! :o

PS wanna lift?

that would be splendid old chap - txt me tomorow (Friday).

I will keeping my tackle to a minumum this year - wheelbarrow, bivvy, two rod pods and six matching rods, 30 loaves of bread, two bedchairs, camo - catapults, a rayburn for brewing up on and a small pack of floats and hooks. Ok?

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries