AN Fish- in River Test

Tony U

Ah.

<hums> Brave Sir Robin ran away...

Thank you, Anderoo!

No problem old boy, all I ask in exchange is that you don't laugh at me trying to fly fish from under a brolly :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll push one of the Burgesses into the river and steal his. :D

hmmmm...............both of us are big and heavy and very little chance of you pushing either one of us into the water! But you can try but I wouldn't advise it! <_<<_<

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

:giveup:

'The better part of valour is discretion; in the which better part I have saved my life.' Henry IV, Part One.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

I think a couple of pints was plenty for me last time. Water's going to be cold, too, I reckon.

Not just the water Steve! I reckon you're right though, probably no need to feed too much.

If I forget my flask of hot tea I'm driving back to Oxford to get it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks guys. I'll bring half a gallon of red maggots, and if the fish are only after whites I'll push one of the Burgesses into the river and steal his. :D

But the real bitch Mike is after all that effort we will only have red with us anyway!! :rolleyes::D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

My bait menu consists of

2 pints of bronze with a sprinkling of reds

half a pint of casters

small tin of corn

small bag of liquidised bread and some microwave zapped slices for hookbaits

not to mention a large slice of luck and boundless optimism. ;)

Quite right, CP. Very best wishes in your new job!

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.