Perch

Sled2004

Gentlemen - Jealousy is a baaaaad thing. A month ago I fished my local water and caught 34 Perch - 20 of which were over 2lb, the biggest being a whisker under 4lb. these were all weighed with digital scales and verified!

By the way, the rod caught record Perch is 5lb 9oz 8dr

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the canal a few weeks ago, a couple of teenage lads came along to fish a spot further from us. They had lures and were flinging them into the water, leaving them for 5 mins and reeling in and trying other spots.

It seems their folks had bought them the kit and said off you go have fun fishing. Greg, my mate who was with me, caught a 6lb pike and one of them came to look. He was enthralled and Greg was good enough to, once the fish was safely returned, explain to him the best ways to handle and fish for pike.

What reminded me of the initial thread on here was that the kids boasted that they caught a Perch that was 'this big' holding their arms out wide, a gap of about 2 and a half feet between their hands!!!

I guess they might have been on the nile...

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Well - here's a claim for you all!!

I've got LOADS of Roach and especially Perch on my Canal the other day - and guess what?

IT was a 15!!! - Thats right a 15!!

oz of course!

thats actually my biggest fish - was prob even less than that to be honest as I never weighed it - and am so much of a begginer that I havn't got even the remotest scooby doo of what 1lb of fish looks like! - but only my second time out, so I was over the moon!

"Pineapples are Evil"

"No really!, they are!!"

Well - here's a claim for you all!!

I've got LOADS of Roach and especially Perch on my Canal the other day - and guess what?

IT was a 15!!! - Thats right a 15!!

oz of course!

thats actually my biggest fish - was prob even less than that to be honest as I never weighed it - and am so much of a begginer that I havn't got even the remotest scooby doo of what 1lb of fish looks like! - but only my second time out, so I was over the moon!

well good for you, hope you are enjoying your new hobby, its a great sport..

im only an hour from nottingham, im in sleaford, where are you..

well good for you, hope you are enjoying your new hobby, its a great sport..

im only an hour from nottingham, im in sleaford, where are you..

Long Eaton

Half way between Derby & Notts

"Pineapples are Evil"

"No really!, they are!!"

Perch are a big little fish, I mean lets face it the record size isnt large when compared with say carp. However there is something about perch over two and a half pounds that makes them a big fish.

My pal Tim Pankhurst and I caught 10 perch on Saterday all over two and a half we had four that almost made three. They all looked 3.5lb before being waighed!

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Gentlemen - Jealousy is a baaaaad thing. A month ago I fished my local water and caught 34 Perch - 20 of which were over 2lb, the biggest being a whisker under 4lb. these were all weighed with digital scales and verified!

By the way, the rod caught record Perch is 5lb 9oz 8dr

Well, congratulations! But you've just made 11,058 approx people jealous, so you will have to make up for it by telling us a bit more about how you caught them.

A truly stupendous catch, kleinboet. Must be your best ever? Very pleased to hear it because I seem to remember you telling us you couldn't get around to some waters for health reasons, so it's great that your local water has come up trumps.

john clarke