Travel and telescopic rods

Sheepy

You're quite right Tigger, but it's a fairly cheap £30 rod which I'm not likely to use too often even if it wasn't broken. I can hardly be bothered with going through all the hassle.

I have had quite a bit of experience dealing with American companies and they have always been very quick to make something right if the customer has had a problem with it. Even if they get taken for a ride occasionally by an unscrupulous customer they would far rather maintain the good will with the customer than to antagonise them for the sake of a few dollars. The general attitude to the customer is so different to the attitude over here where you have to justify you claim and be dealt with with the utmost suspicion and distain throughout.

The shop failed, but I would have hoped Daiwa would be big enough to step in and make it right. After all, it's them who supplied the inadequate or faulty rod in the first place and ultimately you would think they'd take responsibility for it?

Tim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a brief look at your consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act and ammendments take a look at:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24700.html

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Thanks for that. I just confirms what I thought I knew. I realise the shop is really mainly at fault, but I don't see why either the shop or the manufacturer would want to stick to the minimum requirements of the law! After all it's about getting and keeping a good relationship with your customers and not antagonising them and doing as little as you can get away with.

Tim

Cheers All.

Looks like im going to go with the Shimano Exage STC spinning rod (270MH)

Most places on the ne seem to knock out that size plus delivery for about 62 quid or so.

Anyone know of anywhere offering better deals.

Cheers.

I was in Exeter angling over new year and they had them for £55-60 depending on length. Looked like really good rods, I almost bought one myself but couldn't decide between the 7-8ft or the 8-9ft.

Tim

Mainly will be lightish lure fishing but would also look to keeping it in the boot of the car for evening stalking carp off the top so a bit of grunt needed too. Anyone got any recomendations?

I'm also on the lookout for a travel/tele rod mainly for targeting carp/tench/bream ?

Are the multi-piece travel rods the way to go ?

Tony

Tony

Are the multi-piece travel rods the way to go ?

Definately.

I've had tele's in the past and they've always (even sone good ones) been top heavy and slow to repond. They have also all let me down by either having eyes come adrift, or by simply breaking whilst fishing.

I personally don't rate the Exage as lure rods because they're to long and to soft but as all round rods, they're hard to beat and just the job for a bit of fishing for whatever comes along whilst on holliday. They're pretty tough too. A mate took his to India and landed Barra to 23lb and Mahseer to 25lb on two seperate trips and still managed to enjoy small fish of a couple of pounds. The rod is still going strong and due to go on another round the world foray in February.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

OK folks, we took a trip over to Germany (Browning) in October and I have to say that the Rhino Travel Rods are really a seen to be believed item, especially when you consider their price. Boy do these rods bend right over - Rhino have been showing these at trade shows and marketing them as virtually indestructible BUT they are currently undervalued in my opinion, and even when we was in Germany we were discussing the fact that the teles were probably over-specced at the price they were at. Dual Fibre carbon construction, decent guides, cork handles - and very very tough.

For example, 12ft, 80g C/W comes out at about £25. Sizes range from 6ft to 9ft to 12ft. They do all those in a 50g as well if something a litle more delicate is required.

On top of those, the heavy Big Fish rod (12ft) is a 300g Casting weight beachcaster/catfish rod, and that is a seriously heavy duty telescopic and still comes in at £30 to £35 from memory.

** Check out the Rhino Brochure, it's about page 11 for the tele's I think.

http://www.zebco-europe.net/zebco/upload/F.../R0_2007_UK.pdf

I am not saying the Shimano or Shakespeare rods are bad - it's just we see a lot of good and a lot of bad rods here and we think these are pretty exceptional - and that's a genuine opinion, not a marketing gimmic!

Edited by UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk

Ian W

** Check out the Rhino Brochure, it's about page 11 for the tele's I think.

http://www.zebco-europe.net/zebco/upload/F.../R0_2007_UK.pdf

Page 10 actually :P

Look fairly good though, the all round 150 would suit me down to the ground.

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"