RSA & Bait Collection a Threat to Marine Biodiversity?

Leon Roskilly

This goes from bad to ****ing worse Leon. This Marine Bill is taking the ****. Bag limits, licences and now no ****ing bait. What a **** up.

Having read through it for the pass two hours I only see a very loose but comprehensive coverage with NO decisions taken, it is just a frame work of suggestions upon which we can still comment and have input.

There are areas where bait digging activities are already banned and in some cases due to over exploitation.

I will for what it is worth be sending in my comments based on my experience of shore fishing two areas over a number of years, it maybe binned but at least I will have made a constructive comment.

I feel that you should do likewise Glenn for your area; you have always stated that what is good for one area does not apply to another, a statement I would fully support.

You have an excellent knowledge of your local area and your input would be of value.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAve to give it some thought. Im really annoyed with this and I'm again annoyed with people who sit around tables with them and discuss it. Again I'm paranoid but it all seems like part of something much bigger.

We need to vote out the labour party.

Leon those links go to this page :

http://www.defra.gov.uk/science/project_da...27_4204_FRP.pdf

or at least they do for me. It says 404 error page unavailable.

Error 404 - Page Not found

Defra home page

Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found.

This may have occurred for a number of reasons;

The page you have requested no longer exists, or has been moved to a new location

The file may have been deleted because it is out of date

The link you followed from another website may be incorrect or out of date

You may have entered an incorrect URL (i.e. webpage address) into your browser

Our website may be experiencing problems and the page is temporarily unavailable

Edited by glennk

Just been reading a document of some of the things anglers may get in return.

• Provision of amenities for anglers at popular venues, such as bins and toilets

Gonna take some doing isn't it ???

ironspring.jpg

Someone gonna give me a hand to lay a foundation. Might get a nice little coffee shop on the end there.

Will our new toilet block have one of them nice B'Day things ? You know what its like when you've been out for a ruby on the Saturday before a match.

Edited by glennk

Just been reading a document of some of the things anglers may get in return.

• Provision of amenities for anglers at popular venues, such as bins and toilets

Gonna take some doing isn't it ???

ironspring.jpg

Someone gonna give me a hand to lay a foundation. Might get a nice little coffee shop on the end there.

I think the ship open winner will come from that spot but you never know.

I have voted labour all my life and my lord what the hell is happening in the uk its going raving mad dont forget guys if you are digging the garden over if you come across any garden worms pick them up kiss them on the nose and put them back very carefully. :headhurt:

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

HAve to give it some thought. Im really annoyed with this and I'm again annoyed with people who sit around tables with them and discuss it. Again I'm paranoid but it all seems like part of something much bigger.

Defra home page

......................................snipped

Our website may be experiencing problems and the page is temporarily unavailable

Those links certainly are '404'ing.

I don't think you should get annoyed Glen, if there weren't people sat around working with governments it would all be going on anyway and there'd be no opportunity to provide input and try and keep things sensible, anglers would have no sight of it until stuff was announced.

As for being part of a bigger thing - that it is - nature conservation.

The basis for the AGMACS work in Scotland is the Seas the Opportunity (2005) vision of “clean, healthy, safe, productive and biologically diverse marine and coastal environments, managed to meet the long-term interests of nature and people”.

Iin order to meet the agreed Desired State of Scotland’s Marine Environment the targets are :-

• Gothenburg biodiversity target of stopping biodiversity loss by 2010 has been broadly achieved, and progress is being made towards the Scottish target of reversing previous losses by 2030.

• Under the OSPAR Convention, work is underway to complete an ecologically coherent network of well-managed Marine Protected Areas, building on the finalised Natura 2000 network of marine sites.

• Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM) and Marine Spatial Planning (MSP) plans identify those coastal areas supporting the most sensitive species and habitats, and include an adaptive zonal management system to protect them.

Recommendations must also contribute to achieving by 2020 the Scottish Biodiversity Strategy main aims :

• Halt the loss of biodiversity and reverse previous losses through targeted action for species and habitats.

• Restore and enhance biodiversity in all environments through better planning, design and practice.

• Develop an effective management framework that ensures biodiversity is taken into account in all decision making.

A whole load of good intentions, whether or not they'll succeed will be primarily dependent on political will -- I leave you to estimate the chances of that based on how the jellyfish, sorry, MPs, normally perform.

Merry Christmas All

Annoyed Steve my blood is boiling - the more I read the worse I feel. The thought of people sat around with this lot deciding on things that will impact on people they dont know and things they know nothing about. Ludicrous mate. Get out of these meetings - let them try impose restrictions on us.

Been reading minutes from rsa stakeholders meeting 15th march.

Point 9

9. DATA

For effective management decisions to be made, good quality data is needed concerning:

a) Species that drive RSA activity regionally.

B) Inshore commercial catch data.

c) Catch data from RSA. This was discussed at some length, but no clear solution emerged. Some kind of voluntary internet registration system might produce enough data to be meaningful. Voluntary returns from club competitions might also work.

Management management management.

Our club website results are going to be passworded and available only to the lads.

I don't think you should get annoyed Glen, if there weren't people sat around working with governments it would all be going on anyway and there'd be no opportunity to provide input and try and keep things sensible, anglers would have no sight of it until stuff was announced.

It makes it worse for me Steve - bargaining mate it looks like bargaining. We get slapped with restrictions so someone can take a **** in a toilet block. I feel betrayed.

Edited by glennk

Defra home page

Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found.

This may have occurred for a number of reasons;

The page you have requested no longer exists, or has been moved to a new location

The file may have been deleted because it is out of date

The link you followed from another website may be incorrect or out of date

You may have entered an incorrect URL (i.e. webpage address) into your browser

It works for me.

I suspect that your link is timing out if you are just clicking on it, because of the length of time your browser is taking to download the pdf.

Have you tried right clicking and 'save target as' ?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I think the ship open winner will come from that spot but you never know.

I have voted labour all my life and my lord what the hell is happening in the uk its going raving mad dont forget guys if you are digging the garden over if you come across any garden worms pick them up kiss them on the nose and put them back very carefully. :headhurt:

You forgot the bit about wearing latex free gloves to handle them

Whether or not anglers sit around those tables, others will continue to do so.

Catching sector representatives, Sea Fisheries Committee representatives, Marine Science, Seafish, and particularly in this context, environmental organisations such as Natural England, the Wildlife Trusts, WWF, RSPB etc who are legitimately concerned at the effects that anglers and bait diggers can have on the inshore environment, bird feeding grounds etc.

The Government has to take all of their views into account as well as the views of anglers (and until recently their was no place at all for anglers at those tables, and even now there are those that sat at the tables before who absolutely hate the idea of anglers being there).

If angling representatives were to withdraw from the discussions, then there would be no one to put our case at all, to suggest compromises, to argue that a voluntary code of practice would work better than legislation etc.,

Many of those sitting at the table are trained in negotiating techniques, are paid for what they do, salaries as well as expenses, and when they are not sitting around at those tables, they are being paid to attend courses in negotiating skills and public engagement, and they are supported by teams of paid researchers and lobbyists.

We are extremely lucky to have some good people on our side, some with the right skills learned in other careers, prepared to fund their own efforts to sit at those tables and fight our corner.

But it's never going to be easy to always get our way, to avoid having to make some compromises, to avoid the greater disasters that will occur if RSA is not represented at the table to fight our corner.

With regard to voting labour out of office.

It would be dead easy to vote for some other party, hoping that others would do better.

But before we do that we really need to understand what is on offer for RSA from the oppposition, what the view of Bill Wiggins (Conservative Shadow Fisheries Minister), and those from other political parties is towards our cause, otherwise their is every likelihood of abandoning a leaky boat for one that is about to sink with no hope at all.

Yes if Labour isn't going to do the best job on offer for RSA, vote them out.

But don't do that unless it is fairly certain that those to be voted in will do something better.

You might not like where you are now, but you need to be certain of that where you are going to is a better place before you leave.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Whether or not anglers sit around those tables, others will continue to do so.

Catching sector representatives, Sea Fisheries Committee representatives, Marine Science, Seafish, and particularly in this context, environmental organisations such as Natural England, the Wildlife Trusts, WWF, RSPB etc who are legitimately concerned at the effects that anglers and bait diggers can have on the inshore environment, bird feeding grounds etc.

The Government has to take all of their views into account as well as the views of anglers (and until recently their was no place at all for anglers at those tables, and even now there are those that sat at the tables before who absolutely hate the idea of anglers being there).

If angling representatives were to withdraw from the discussions, then there would be no one to put our case at all, to suggest compromises, to argue that a voluntary code of practice would work better than legislation etc.,

Many of those sitting at the table are trained in negotiating techniques, are paid for what they do, salaries as well as expenses, and when they are not sitting around at those tables, they are being paid to attend courses in negotiating skills and public engagement, and they are supported by teams of paid researchers and lobbyists.

We are extremely lucky to have some good people on our side, some with the right skills learned in other careers, prepared to fund their own efforts to sit at those tables and fight our corner.

But it's never going to be easy to always get our way, to avoid having to make some compromises, to avoid the greater disasters that will occur if RSA is not represented at the table to fight our corner.

With regard to voting labour out of office.

It would be dead easy to vote for some other party, hoping that others would do better.

But before we do that we really need to understand what is on offer for RSA from the oppposition, what the view of Bill Wiggins (Conservative Shadow Fisheries Minister), and those from other political parties is towards our cause, otherwise their is every likelihood of abandoning a leaky boat for one that is about to sink with no hope at all.

Yes if Labour isn't going to do the best job on offer for RSA, vote them out.

But don't do that unless it is fairly certain that those to be voted in will do something better.

You might not like where you are now, but you need to be certain of that where you are going to is a better place before you leave.

Fairly good speech Leon, what bothers me however is the current team certainly does not appear to handle the europeans very well , Mr bradshaw and his twenty five percent. They certainly did not come out of the latest meeting very well at all. More of the same i fear.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..