RSA & Bait Collection a Threat to Marine Biodiversity?

Leon Roskilly

There's already enough reasons to vote this lot out Leon. Lies, wars, more taxes than ever before, They are becoming over powering. Attacking the one thing that's free and enjoyed by so many is the last straw. They want to tax us, they want to restrict our catches and now there's talk of charging us to collect bait or worse still stopping us from doing so. What sort of a country are we becoming. Get the labour party out. Even the dreaded Tories are starting to look a better option.

What are their policies on angling ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what bothers me however is the current team certainly does not appear to handle the europeans very well , Mr bradshaw and his twenty five percent. They certainly did not come out of the latest meeting very well at all. More of the same i fear.

Well a previous Fisheries Minister, from the Conservative Party, had this to say:

“I was never able to press for the necessary conservation measures at National and EU level, due to the nations ‘emotional attachment’ to fishermen. The Industry has too much political clout .The lawn mowing industry employs more people but does not have four ministries, England, N. Ireland, Wales and Scotland.”

John Gummer ex Fisheries Minister quoted in ‘Fishing News’ November 2001.

ps I'm not taking political sides, just worried that some are only concerned with getting out of the frying pan, not noticing the fire that awaits.

Who has a better, well thought-out policy towards the needs of Recreational Sea Anglers that they will/can realistically deliver?

I for one would like to talk to them.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Even the dreaded Tories are starting to look a better option.

What are their policies on angling ?

Well Labour have published a couple of charters for angling.

See: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/Labours_An...s_Charters.html

On previous meetings I've attended with Tory shadow Fisheries Ministers (not Bill wiggins, the current shadow), their main thrust is that when Britain withdraws from the CFP everything will be alright, a policy now seemingly abandoned.

You might get a more current view from reading the latest parliamentary debate on Fisheries at:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2006-12-14a.1048.0

Recreational Sea Angling gets its fair share of attention during the debate.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Well a previous Fisheries Minister, from the Conservative Party, had this to say:

ps I'm not taking political sides, just worried that some are only concerned with getting out of the frying pan, not noticing the fire that awaits.

Who has a better, well thought-out policy towards the needs of Recreational Sea Anglers that they will/can realistically deliver?

I for one would like to talk to them.

Totally agree with you Leon, what is required is someone or body who have enough balls to make the right decisions. How can anyone ignore the fact that 30-40 thou tonns is going to decrease even further based on lily livered decisions? The uk department has 100 mill per year budjet for what. The eu have a bottomless pit that has failed to be approved for years and they can't get it right. It's everyone's money being wasted on what? Gravy train to nowhere and sod the fish. Just read part of your attachment Leon, the uk gov had allready decided on forteen % before bradshaw even went to the eu.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Ok Leon, Thanks I got that report. Its 97 pages long and I do not have the will to read it.

How can DEFRA engage the avearge angler with this type of thing. I put it on my forum. Got a couple of replies. Dont think any of them would want to wade through that. We just want to collect bait and go fishing like we always have. Surely that isnt too much to ask ?

The only solution is to get rid of them.

These meetings you have with DEFRA Leon - Can you get me an invite please ?

With regard to using our vote to get a better deal, it's something we have to do as far as I'm concerned. I've said it before and I still stick by it; if a party fail to deliver, vote them out. Politicians should be judged on their performance, not the false promises they make. There are supposedly 1,000,000 sea angling votes out there and it's about time we started using them. It's the only thing politicians understand.

From what I've seen lately we've been side tracked into negotiating for things that don't really matter to the average angler. Let's not lose our vision, we want more and bigger fish to catch. That's it, more and bigger fish available to catch. The way things are shaping up we won't get that, what we'll get is licences, more meetings, bag limits, more meetings, MPA's, better communication, NTZ's, more tea and biscuits, etc, etc, ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

MORE AND BIGGER FISH!

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Might get a toilet block Steve.

:lol: :lol:

Heard a little rumour that the carpark where the tiolet block once was situated is soon going to be built on, i couldnt quite understand the determiniation SBC had to shut those toilets nothing to do with saving £8000 a year the land is worth a fortune for building on especially right on the harbour front.

Nothing surprizes me these days who would have thought anglers are putting pressure on fish stocks and need to be regulated we always said if anglers start getting regulated for what little they catch in real terms the job is totally ****ed .

The more people i talk to concerning rod licences bag limits etc the more people are now begining asking questions who are these lunatics who dream these daft idies up if rod licences to fish in the sea do come to fruitition beleive me the backlash will be massive and this would defenetly not be a vote winner to any goverment.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The thing is, these idiots don't seem to understand that without more and bigger fish, all the rest of it doesn't matter. What's the point of having easy access and nice toilets if no bugger is going fishing because there are no fish? What's the point of having more meetings, better communication and a sea angling strategy if there aren't more and bigger fish available for sea anglers to catch?

We mustn't lose sight of what we want, and expect. DEFRA make very nice coffee and sandwiches, but I'd rather spend a day catching fish than talking to them about toilets and all the rest of it. More and bigger fish is a must have, anything after that is a nice to have.

Licences won't give us more and bigger fish, bag limits won't give us more and bigger fish and neither will the new sea angling strategy. Sooner or later DEFRA are going to have to make a tough choice. Anglers or commercial fishermen. The only thing that will deliver more and bigger fish is restrictions on commercial fishing. If the government go for that, the commercial sector will be mightily p*ssed off. If they don't, sea anglers will be mightiliy p*ssed off. That's why we've got to start using our numbers/votes. Mamby pambying around just makes them believe that sea angling is very easily pleased with a few promises, meetings and paper exercises. We are not! We want more and bigger fish!

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Create an environment where things can get banned, and one day you will get banned yourself.

What goes around, comes around!

How many RSA reps dig worms?

To start talking about seabed damage by mooring chains, really is clutching at straws.

Just goes to show how the loony, lefty, vejjy, greenies have infiltrated the decision making process after realising that, with the fall of communism, they have to adopt a different approach to achieve their political aims.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net