CB Radio

deanbmw

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the long haul truckers do. Not so sure about auto drivers. I haven't used one in about 10 years or so.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

14 was always the calling channel for local users and the truckers stuck to 19.

10/10 good buddy, catch you on the flip side.

Catcha ya lata modulata. ;)

Well this thread certainly brought the memories flooding back. I got my CB radio in 1977, a President Adams (smashing rig). I, like many others operated on side-band which of course was illegal but was certainly very enjoyable. When the government kindly gave us the use of FM it killed it as far as I was concerned. To cut a long story short I studied and passed the City & Guilds exams and obtained my Radio Amateur licence in 1982 and am still active on it now. Although I find it very enjoyable, somehow it just does not carry the same excitement as the old illegal days. I do know several people who were "busted" by BUZBY and who were fined and had their gear confiscated. As I had a 3 element beam on the roof of my pub I was surprised that I wasn't one of them.

Ah well, happy days.

10-10 till we do it again.

Bill

. The licence currently costs £15 (although it is free for under-21s and over-70s) but Ofcom has indicated its intention to deregulate the citizens' band from 2007.

Deregulation does not mean banning it means that CB is not going to be regulated by the WT Act any more. The CB license has ceased to exist since 8 December 2006. CB is not banned, but you don't need to fork out £15 quid for a license any more. It's a shame that the EA don't do the same with the Rod License.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

In the run up to legalisation, some people wanted the old VHF bomber frequency around 220 MHz (unused since WW2) for UK CB.

I would have to oppose that Ferret, stil hoping we can get that channel in use again.........

How about bombing Germany and France just to make sure it still works OK. :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

it still must be popular, been watching the bids on ebay seems no end of intrest , bids for rigs in 9 days time.

and i got my eye one now

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

just to wet your appetites how about some duel banders >>>>CB Radio's

i wonder if i could get a old amstrade 901,as i think i still have a eeprom someware programmed up for duel band and i know i have some 20 watt power transisters someware HA Ha.or my old faviorite a cobra.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

just to wet your appetites how about some duel banders >>>>CB Radio's

i wonder if i could get a old amstrade 901,as i think i still have a eeprom someware programmed up for duel band and i know i have some 20 watt power transisters someware HA Ha.or my old faviorite a cobra.

I had a Cobra (120 channel AM) and a Ham International Concorde. I never got done by the Busbies despite having a Starduster and a Yagi 5 element beam on my roof.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote