An Alliance Between Anglers And Commercials?

stavey

Yes they did you could fill up vasts amounts of fish just like there was inside of 20miles, but unfortunatley i dont think its worth going all the way out there now, because when you get there as you can get similar fishing close to the shore so why steam all that way.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did they get all there reading from? Or did they have sophisticated sonar?

But then again you would need readings./quote]

Binatone Its easy enough to lift the Lat and Long numbers of the Admiralty chart.

We had a automated jigging machine over one of our local wrecks this year. Thay have knacked it of course. Its not worth us going out to it now. Maybe Binatone it was global warming that removed tons of coalie in a month

Can you see why we get pxxded of with some commercial fisherman

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hello Ian

We had a automated jigging machine over one of our local wrecks this year. Thay have knacked it of course. Its not worth us going out to it now.

What can a commercial boat with a few jigging machines do that a charter boat with 10 anglers can't ?

I thought catching fish by lines is thought to be sustainable , on another thread somebody said they were proper fishermen.

I was thinking jigging machines would be a good metheod to catch bass, but I supose that would be unacceptable if I cought more than say 6 fish a day.

It seems to me that any commercial fisherman who catches any amount of fish gets anglers poxxxd off,

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest binatone
Yes they did you could fill up vasts amounts of fish just like there was inside of 20miles, but unfortunatley i dont think its worth going all the way out there now, because when you get there as you can get similar fishing close to the shore so why steam all that way.

Well that’s ok then. Wonder why john and Michele go all that way then? Have seen them fishing at some hell of a distance. It’s just that I overheard him (john) talking on the box one day when we where mot far away from him, I think they where a cleaver bank somewhere. (That’s about 150+ to Whitby boy) and he was saying that he had had a steady day and they had got somewhere in the region of a 150 stone for the day. Now if you can get that inside off Whitby every day? Please lead the way big cod. I will pay you the going rate to catch me that.

I cannot see him going all the way out there for nothing? Can you? I know he has it all to himself and I was only wondering if that’s what it takes for sustainability within angling from boats.

Every one to them selves I suspect. I don’t think that the anglers would pay all that money year in year out neither if they where not getting something different.

There’s nothing wrong with the amount of fish you catch big cod and there’s nothing wrong with where you go. But realistically I don’t think that you or your anglers would ever be looking for that amount of fish in a days fishing where you fish? Would you? I don’t know. Very optimistic if you do.

It’s a strange thing you saying 99% of all wrecks aback of 50 mile I sent john a few reading that we had that was in an area that he hasn’t worked before. He sent me 20 odd readings for wrecks in an area that we have often worked. We only had 14 of them two where not where we thought they where and the rest we did not have. John said he had found then over the last couple of years. There certainly there. As he said he has fished them.

99% of all wrecks fished by auto jigger? We have been fishing the North Sea 30 odd years with the trawl avoiding them at great cost. Don’t think 99% is very realistic do you? 9% would be giving you the benefit. Don’t you think?

Wurzel

It's hard to believe just how many coalie was on that wreck during the summer months. I estimate it was a shoal the size of a football pitch and 50 ft deep.

One could go over the wreck with 6 hooks and catch 6 fish. I insist on catch and release on my boats so we used to fish a long flowing trace with a redgill or jelly worm. This method also sorted out the better fish. With coalie having a different swim bladder system to Pollack or Cod they all went back unharmed. If we started catching Pollack we would move inshore as we can catch plenty of those in just 30 ft ot water on carp rods etc. which is much better sport and they return much easier.

The redgill would produce fish to 6-7 pounds, after the automated jigger had been on there for a month we couldn't catch any fish above 3 pounds

So once again a commercial fisherman has ruined one of my better marks. You cannot put this down to global warming or zoo plancton

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Guest binatone

Ian lifting lat and long numbers of an admiralty chart does not mean they are going to be there.

If I would have gone on admiralty readings alone I would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

Sometimes there is something in that area again I say sometimes, but you still have to find it. Unless you have sonar it’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Some times they are there, but more than often they are not. But the worse thing is that they are thousands that are there that the admiralty have not got on there charts.

So as you can well imagine Ian away from your fishing comic books and internet information, it’s not like that in the real world.

Wurzel

It's hard to believe just how many coalie was on that wreck during the summer months. I estimate it was a shoal the size of a football pitch and 50 ft deep.

One could go over the wreck with 6 hooks and catch 6 fish. I insist on catch and release on my boats so we used to fish a long flowing trace with a redgill or jelly worm. This method also sorted out the better fish. With coalie having a different swim bladder system to Pollack or Cod they all went back unharmed. If we started catching Pollack we would move inshore as we can catch plenty of those in just 30 ft ot water on carp rods etc. which is much better sport and they return much easier.

The redgill would produce fish to 6-7 pounds, after the automated jigger had been on there for a month we couldn't catch any fish above 3 pounds

So once again a commercial fisherman has ruined one of my better marks. You cannot put this down to global warming or zoo plancton

Ian we got 500 boxes one haul for twenty minutes towing once upon a time, all collie, there wasn’t a fish under a stone. We never went back to that spot again for years. Why do you think that was? Did you not explain to the commercial fisherman with the jigger machine that it was your mark? Wreck? Bit of ground?

So as you can well imagine Ian away from your fishing comic books and internet information, it’s not like that in the real world.

Binatone you are an ignorant condescending pillock and you shout your mouth off on subjects you know nothing about.

I have been a charter skipper for 17 years and now have three small boats all operating catch and release.

I have dozens of wrecks on my GPS that were all lifted of the Kingfisher and admiralty marks. I found them all on the old Decca system which was very good round here. Now with the GPS I can zero in to a waypoint and the wreck is below me.

Perhaps it's your skill level as well as your brain that is lacking.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Guest binatone
Binatone you are an ignorant condescending pillock and you shout your mouth off on subjects you know nothing about.

I have been a charter skipper for 17 years and now have three small boats all operating catch and release.

I have dozens of wrecks on my GPS that were all lifted of the Kingfisher and admiralty marks. I found them all on the old Decca system which was very good round here. Now with the GPS I can zero in to a waypoint and the wreck is below me.

Perhaps it's your skill level as well as your brain that is lacking.

If you think that an auto jigger like big cod mentioned, can go and lift 99% of all wrecks aback of 50 miles in the North Sea by using kingfisher charts then you have a lot to learn. I don’t give a dam if you have ten boats and release fish before you even caught it for me. That mark with the collie on it was knot yours, never was and never will be.

You can share it with who ever you want and visa versa.

You can call me all the names you want Ian. Commercial will be sufficient thank you.

Hello Ian

So whats the answer? Commercial fishermen can't opperate a catch and reliese policy. you say the jigging boat ruined one of your better marks, not permently I should hope and as you still caught some all be it smaller fish I doubt.

Are there any private fishing sighns on that particular spot?

Well that’s ok then. Wonder why john and Michele go all that way then?

It's that neche thing I've mentioned before, John has found him self a neche, I doubt he done it with out a great deal of thought and a certain amount of previous knowledge, I suspect like the rest of us he constantley continues to accumulate information on his patch. Anglers are notoriously fickle and if it wern't worth going John would have soon had to change tack.

Speaking from expierance the further off you go the less reliable the Admiralty charts are for wreck and ground info. Getting better though, some wrecks I had more or less to my self are now marked on the up to date charts.

I fish to live and live to fish.

You can share it with who ever you want and visa versa.

You can call me all the names you want Ian. Commercial will be sufficient thank you.

I prefer the earlier names i called you thanks.

You say you can share it with who ever you want. That is precisely my point you clown. There's nothing left worth catching to share.

There's no point in replying because i have become bored of your pathetic attempts to pass the buck and will not get drawn into anymore pointless threads.

One of the threads you have been on a lot is someone is listening It's a shame you are not

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk