An Alliance Between Anglers And Commercials?

stavey

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be wrong about the issue of charts and wrecks in your opinion (and mine fwiw) but it works for him and he has a point about watching a wreck, that is important to him and the people he employs being "stripped" surely?

Hi Chris

I must admit I did throw a paddy when i saw binatone's post. but I have become bored with the blind repetition that everything commercial fisherman do is 100 per cent right, and that the fish stocks are in good order when clearly they aren't.

It's the attitude that all scientists without exception are tossers and Binotone and Wurzel now best, that really gets my hackles rising.

You only have to read the threads from right round the country to realise fish stocks are disappearing fast and because IMHO the big breeding stock have gone the decline is increasing.

I have read some recent posts of lads fishing from the beaches this last fortnight and a dozen Whiting is considered a good nights fishing. I am not in any way having a go at these lads but in reality it is a pathetic situation.

I have had disagreements with some of your posts in the past and i know you have disagreed with some of mine, but we have both read them with an open mind and i admit you have changed my opinions on a few occasions, but you can't have a sensible debate with someone wearing blinkers.

So i repeat I am not going to get drawn in to any pointless arguments with either of them, as they haven't accepted one bit of evidence, from AN either anecdotal or scientific. I just consider it a waste of my time; which i could put to better use, like writing to MP's on RSA matters.

You may find this interesting

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/displa...e=sidebarsearch

Regarding the GPS and the Admiralty and Kingfisher charts. I don't know whether they are more accurate in shore or not as i rarely venture over 10 miles out, but I have never had a problem finding the wrecks and have the positions of every wreck on the charts within a 10 mile radius and can steam straight to them.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

It's the attitude that all scientists without exception are tossers and Binotone and Wurzel now best, that really gets my hackles rising.

That goes both ways Ian, our experience seems to count for nothing, anglers know best.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Binatone my friend just clicked on thought you would respond to my posting,as you said john had 150 stone between 12 men now was that for your full day,we just fished for three hours ,we only did 1 wreck now if we had done more wrecks that day who knows but the guys had well more than they could cope with and were well satified and it only cost them £40 .

binatone you seem very well clued up for being a trawlermen seen you only did some chartering many years ago i think you are begining to spill the beans.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Lets all have a great big fight, we could all meet in a big field somewhere. Commercials one end anglers the other, then someone could shout charge. I think anglers would win as there are more of us.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hows your fishing going?

I know N,B has been getting a few doubles inshore, but he has stopped now as the 36cm fish he normally targets have mostly gone.

Soon its going to get to insulting each others mothers on this post.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

No sam anglers ain't got the staying power,first Stavey now Ian, dropping like flies they are.

After considering the responces i was given when i said i was putting this thread to bed i now feel its worth giving it another go, so when i have time i shal be adding a word or two on this subject that it was originally intended for, ie an alliance between anglers and commercials?

Wurzel like ian, i felt it was beggining to be a waste of time even considering any such an alliance but i have found out recently that your views and binatones are not a true reflection of the commercial industry's on the whole, (not where i live anyway) i feel very sorry for the sea anglers in your area if all the commercials are as single minded as you are their? but that wont bother you to much will it? anyway i am sure there are other commercial fishermen on the net that read these forums but declined to make any comments just yet and it is these fishermen that i will try to encourage (constructive dialogue) on this thread hopefully? and to show that us sea anglers are not unreasonable and only want whats fair in the end............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest @AUTUMN@

Sounds interesting Stavey. Binatone is from my home town and a lot of the commercials are knocked from a similer mould, But not all I hasten to add. I heared some rather refreshing news lately of a local skipper, a lad I think I went to school with actually (im 37 so binatone should be able to figure its 1 of 2 people im talking about). A good friend of mine was telling me how this chap will sail away from masses of small codlings and try to locate the bigger ones as he knows that to land a box of small's he has to sacrifice approximately 10 boxes of undersize fish to do so. This chap reportedly says that he does not wish to kill next years fish for immediate gratification.

It actually made me smile when I heared that storey and im pleased to know that not all are the greedy selfish tossers that some appear to be. Doesn't surprise me really as the lad was in most of my classes which suggests he is higher up the IQ scale than most.

Guest binatone

That’s correct @autumn@ about the skipper you where at school with, if you where to make inquires about the rest of the skippers you would find that today’s young skippers are of the same thinking.

You don’t need a high IQ to be able to identify the obvious.

Big cod. As for spilling the beans?? As for knowing a bit about charter fishing, well again you don’t have to have a great IQ to state the obvious.

Big cod, you can go on and on and so can I and many others as to where to catch the most, who catches the most and why. You live in your world @autumn@ can live in his world and I will Carrey on living in the real world.

I hope that you and john Carrey on doing well at what you do. I hope that @autumn@ Carrey’s on doing what he likes doing best.

I will just do what I do best and that catching fish and feeding my kids.

As for whom I am, I will introduce myself to you if I ever run into you.

Then you will realise how funny you sound to me.

Good fishing mate. Will have to go as we are just about to knock out.