An Alliance Between Anglers And Commercials?

stavey

Binatone, fwiw i reckon you are well wrong to accuse Ian of

So as you can well imagine Ian away from your fishing comic books and internet information, it’s not like that in the real world.

Thats some insult and if you had hung about these forums for a bit you'd know how ignorant that seems to everyone here ;) . Ian has stood up for the commercial sector quite a few times since i've been reading these boards and has plenty of real life experience to back what he says. Have the good grace and balls to say you are wrong to insult him like that?

He may be wrong about the issue of charts and wrecks in your opinion (and mine fwiw) but it works for him and he has a point about watching a wreck, that is important to him and the people he employs being "stripped" surely?

As a distant observer I reckon this is yet more "Whitby overspill" Am i wrong? Is Ian taking abuse from you because of some of Big Cod's more outlandish claims ? Fwiw I think Big cod usually speaks the truth, but i divide any figure he gives by 10. A habit I picked up dealing with commercials too ;):)

Sort your difference out please guys. I for one like reading what the pair of you say more than i do most posters..

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest @AUTUMN@
Well that’s ok then. Wonder why john and Michele go all that way then? Have seen them fishing at some hell of a distance. It’s just that I overheard him (john) talking on the box one day when we where mot far away from him, I think they where a cleaver bank somewhere. (That’s about 150+ to Whitby boy) and he was saying that he had had a steady day and they had got somewhere in the region of a 150 stone for the day. Now if you can get that inside off Whitby every day? Please lead the way big cod. I will pay you the going rate to catch me that.

I cannot see him going all the way out there for nothing? Can you? I know he has it all to himself and I was only wondering if that’s what it takes for sustainability within angling from boats.

Every one to them selves I suspect. I don’t think that the anglers would pay all that money year in year out neither if they where not getting something different.

There’s nothing wrong with the amount of fish you catch big cod and there’s nothing wrong with where you go. But realistically I don’t think that you or your anglers would ever be looking for that amount of fish in a days fishing where you fish? Would you? I don’t know. Very optimistic if you do.

It’s a strange thing you saying 99% of all wrecks aback of 50 mile I sent john a few reading that we had that was in an area that he hasn’t worked before. He sent me 20 odd readings for wrecks in an area that we have often worked. We only had 14 of them two where not where we thought they where and the rest we did not have. John said he had found then over the last couple of years. There certainly there. As he said he has fished them.

99% of all wrecks fished by auto jigger? We have been fishing the North Sea 30 odd years with the trawl avoiding them at great cost. Don’t think 99% is very realistic do you? 9% would be giving you the benefit.

Don’t you think?

Binatone why do you persist with this constant business promotion thing??? Its very transparent you know!!!Are you sure your a commercial fisherman and not a business promotor on the payroll?? I dont think there is a day goes by when you dont plug Johns business and try in some way to make out that fishing at the back of 50 mile is the best thing since sliced bread??? Yes Im pretty sure John can catch whatever amount of cod you say he does. But he doesnt catch that everyday as Im sure hell openly admit. Why not just get on with slagging anglers for slagging commercials as you do so well, Or even try talking about fishing for once. You claim to be an angler Id love to hear about it (or is that a smokescreen?). Give the business promotion thing a rest as your boring me stupid.

Edited by @AUTUMN@

Guest @AUTUMN@

One last word before bed. I read Big cods post and I dont think he mentioned Auto jiggers. Not sure what he meant but there were not so long ago boats that jigged commercially that used men to do the jigging not machines. One boat I can think of that should be familliar to John and perhaps binatone is This way Up.

Binatone why do you persist with this constant business promotion thing??? Its very transparent you know!!!I dont think there is a day goes by when you dont plug Johns business and try in some way to make out that fishing at the back of 50 mile is the best thing since sliced bread??? Yes Im pretty sure John can catch whatever amount of cod you say he does. But he doesnt catch that everyday as Im sure hell openly admit. Why not just get on with slagging anglers for slagging commercials as you do so well, Or even try talking about fishing for once. Give the business promotion thing a rest as your boring me stupid.

That has got to be the funniest thing i have read on these forums for a while.

If the grounds that Johns boat is claimed to be fishing are true, then its way out there. I wonder about the safety implications of where hes going, (these are grounds that guys in 60 ft trawlers used to nip out to in good weather only ), but they are the same grounds most of the commercials have headed for for decades.

Being a cynical old sod, I'd only go out there if i was paid :) If i was 20 I'd be out on his boat like a shot though. The grounds that boat works are the for real fishy areas.

You are seriously slagging off others for self promotion on this site?! :D

:D :D :D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Guest binatone
I prefer the earlier names i called you thanks.

You say you can share it with who ever you want. That is precisely my point you clown. There's nothing left worth catching to share.

There's no point in replying because i have become bored of your pathetic attempts to pass the buck and will not get drawn into anymore pointless threads.

One of the threads you have been on a lot is someone is listening It's a shame you are not

Ian I apologise if my comments have caused you concern.

I under no circumstances meant to offend you.

I just did knot think your view on charts was correct. Again I can only say I was out of order to say you where incompetent of doing what you do. Sorry Ian.

One last word before bed. I read Big cods post and I dont think he mentioned Auto jiggers. Not sure what he meant but there were not so long ago boats that jigged commercially that used men to do the jigging not machines. One boat I can think of that should be familliar to John and perhaps binatone is This way Up.

Well read it again then.

I take it you had another bad night.

As for being on johns pay roll ??????????

Binitone my friend you mention jigging machines no where in any of my posting did i mention jigging machines,these wrecks were fished by men with rods in there hands john knows that as he got quite a few of his readings of a guy who was doing just what i said commercial jigging ,these wrecks were fished long before john ever fished them with his anglers .

Also you mention john had 150stone of cod on the clever bank what year are we talking about this last 7or 8years ago when john first got chiefton ,now 150stone between 12 is approx 12stone per man at what cost £200 plus now i can tell you that in the first week in october this year on 10hr trip at a cost of £40 three men on my boat had just that and we were only fishing for 3hrs , you do seem to mentionb this offshore thing quite a lot binitone in your threads as i think john must be a very good friend of yours.

john is a good skipper and will always try for his customers that is why you get repeat bookings i hope but i give 110% every time its my living there was one thing i didnt understand what you mentioned earlyer in one of your threads something about me and the weather you completely lost me on that one.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest @AUTUMN@

Binatone??? Bad night???

Yes in comparison to times gone bye every night is a bad one. In relative terms no I came first in the club and our 4 man team won through to the next stage of the yorkshire 4's comp.

Jaffa - What are you talking about?? I see through your lines of smiles.

Guest binatone
Binitone my friend you mention jigging machines no where in any of my posting did i mention jigging machines,these wrecks were fished by men with rods in there hands john knows that as he got quite a few of his readings of a guy who was doing just what i said commercial jigging ,these wrecks were fished long before john ever fished them with his anglers .

Also you mention john had 150stone of cod on the clever bank what year are we talking about this last 7or 8years ago when john first got chiefton ,now 150stone between 12 is approx 12stone per man at what cost £200 plus now i can tell you that in the first week in october this year on 10hr trip at a cost of £40 three men on my boat had just that and we were only fishing for 3hrs , you do seem to mentionb this offshore thing quite a lot binitone in your threads as i think john must be a very good friend of yours.

john is a good skipper and will always try for his customers that is why you get repeat bookings i hope but i give 110% every time its my living there was one thing i didnt understand what you mentioned earlyer in one of your threads something about me and the weather you completely lost me on that one.

Sorry big cod that I misunderstood you when you said that commercial men where fishing 99% of all wrecks aback of 50 mile. I thought that you meant with auto jiggers.

I will stick to what I said about them not finding the wrecks to be able to fish them.

As you know the GPS system has only just come into it’s own in the last few years lets say 3 or 4 to be exact.

Now how the hell did these men who you said fished all these wrecks find them?

GPS was crap until differential came about. The only way that the gill netters use to find the wrecks offside was because they went to the great expense of having sonar fitted.

You knew the wrecks where there but could you hell as like find them.

It was more luck than judgement, so your theory that all these wrecks where fished by men with rods in there hands is far from an accurate statement.

I believe that a lad called mike use to fish for a living working wrecks aback of 50 miles, but I don’t think that he worked any where near cleaver bank area or any where near that distance.

It’s only been the last couple of years that the gill netters off side have been able to work there gear without having to have there sonar on.

So unless these men had very good sonar when fishing 99% of all the wrecks aback of 50 miles and they had a lot more information than any commercial fisherman I know of then I think your statement is far from accurate.

I know someone that went fishing with mike and he said that he would have done well if he would have had the reliability of GPS that we have today.

When I heard john talking on the box it was this year.

As for being a close friend of john and Michele I am afraid to say I am not.

I know john as I explained to @autumn@ on another thread.

I have run into john and spoken to him a few times in my lifetime as he was always in cobbles when I was trawling therefore we never had a lot in common.

I have got in touch with him through this forum in the last few weeks but if you think that I am trying to promote his business then you could not be more wrong.

@autumn@

I have been trying to talk about fishing, that’s what I was trying to establish between working the wrecks off side and working the inshore wrecks. I was trying to establish the sustainability of angling from a charter boats point of view.

If you want to read into this differently then I cannot help you there. If you don’t want me to talk about the big black boat in a positive way then I will leave that up to the skipper, unless he is to modest.

As for you catching 12stone of fish per man big cod. I certainly believe you. You say there was only 4 anglers fishing? Does that include yourself? As I would say that you are an exceptional angler in comparison to the ones that john would have had on board.

If a boat goes to a wreck and there is say 50 stone of fish on it then 4 anglers are going to catch a lot more than 12 anglers per man. Do you knot agree? Therefore for john to of caught what he caught between 12 anglers means that the wreck that you found had much less fish on it than the one he found.

Therefore his, I quote decent day was much better than your expositional day.

Any way I hope that you all do well at what you do, at the end of the day you provide a service to people who want to go angling. I have believe that john and big cod put everything that they are both capable of putting into there jobs and I can only admire them for that.

Guest @AUTUMN@

Seems to me, you ask a question and John gives a thousand word answer which usually involves some quote about how the wrecks beyond 50 mile are full of fish and those inside 50 mile are empty.

I aint the only 1 sees right through you.

Seems you have expert knowledge about everything. Is there anything you dont know about!!!

With your knowledge and Jaffa's amazing science annual 1984 we are in for a right time this winter.

Edited by @AUTUMN@

Now Now Girls!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!