NFFO slams Seafish appointments

seaside

How much does anybody think that the British fishing industry is worth? If you where an outside party and wanted to buy all the boats and quota up at today’s prices?

Just want to see what exactly someone considers to be a tin pot industry?

Hi Challenge

It's a tin pot industry for what it's worth to the economy. Apparently the sandwich making industry is worth more to the economy than commercial fishing, so is the lawn mower industry, yet neither of them have, (or need), government departments and ministries to look after them. Licences and quota were given to fishermen free of charge, if todays prices are out of reach for those same fishermen it's the doing of their own industry, not RSA's, Greenpeaces, Asdas or anyone elses.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much does anybody think that the British fishing industry is worth? If you where an outside party and wanted to buy all the boats and quota up at today’s prices?

Just want to see what exactly someone considers to be a tin pot industry?

Hi Challenge

Every industry, tin pot or not, that adds value to our economy is very IMPORTANT, regardless of how much, because it helps to balance the countries books

The managers and policy makers of fisheries management, PRICELESS

STEVE

Guest challenge
Hi Challenge

Every industry, tin pot or not, that adds value to our economy is very IMPORTANT, regardless of how much, because it helps to balance the countries books

The managers and policy makers of fisheries management, PRICELESS

STEVE

Of course you’re correct Steve.

How long do you think it will be before the price of policing RSA will overtake what the government gets out of it?

The fishing industry is a multi billion pound industry, at least that’s what it would cost you if you wanted to buy it lock stock and barrel.

But it’s worth more to the administrators at the end of the day. Priceless is a very good way of describing bureaucracy to a bureaucrat.

Regards.

How long do you think it will be before the price of policing RSA will overtake what the government gets out of it?

The fishing industry is a multi billion pound industry, at least that’s what it would cost you if you wanted to buy it lock stock and barrel.

But it’s worth more to the administrators at the end of the day. Priceless is a very good way of describing bureaucracy to a bureaucrat.

Regards.

Hello Challenge

Again you are spot on, your posts are saving me from a lot of typeing, I thank you for the extra sleep I gain.

Keep it up I off to bed, 2 am start in the morning.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Regards.

Ohh dear, pro rata, the cost of policing rsa will take many years to overtake what is received based on 50 mill commercial 550 mill rsa per annum.

If you was to start up a new bussiness you wouldn't pump in billions based on an anuall return of 50 mill, not enough profit/turnover in my books.

I agree with the last para though, spot on.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge

Hello Barry.

Do you honestly believe that DEFRA manage fishery matters because of what the government can make out of them profit wise?

What bureaucracy wants and needs to survive is growth.

RSA reps are stating that RSA are enthusiastic supporters of this growth.

When this new misguided undemocratic so called stake holder revolution evaporates, all we will be left with is the slime of a new bureaucracy.

Regards.

Hello Barry.

Do you honestly believe that DEFRA manage fishery matters because of what the government can make out of them profit wise?

What bureaucracy wants and needs to survive is growth.

RSA reps are stating that RSA are enthusiastic supporters of this growth.

When this new misguided undemocratic so called stake holder revolution evaporates, all we will be left with is the slime of a new bureaucracy.

Regards.

Hello Challenge,

No i don't, nor did i say that. You posed a question, so pro rata i answerd it based on the contribution both commercial and rsa makes yearly, thats all. I also do not want defra destroying the rsa, again i have said on numerous occasions that the rsa ain't broke, so why fix it, both of us know the reason why. I also believe that one reason this is being brought in due to loud misguided undemorcratic procasternation from the commercial sector e.g. bass bylaws purly on the basis that some people pub talked, the welsh assembly, defra into the fragile state of the bass stocks and that the rsa are decimating and black selling without ANY facts or figures to substanciate it. It was soooooooo bad that defra cannot wait and are treating this as urgent. I ask myself who's been bunging who because it's a load of cobblers, you and i both know it.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
Hello Challenge,

No i don't, nor did i say that. You posed a question, so pro rata i answerd it based on the contribution both commercial and rsa makes yearly, thats all. I also do not want defra destroying the rsa, again i have said on numerous occasions that the rsa ain't broke, so why fix it, both of us know the reason why. I also believe that one reason this is being brought in due to loud misguided undemorcratic procasternation from the commercial sector e.g. bass bylaws purly on the basis that some people pub talked, the welsh assembly, defra into the fragile state of the bass stocks and that the rsa are decimating and black selling without ANY facts or figures to substanciate it. It was soooooooo bad that defra cannot wait and are treating this as urgent. I ask myself who's been bunging who because it's a load of cobblers, you and i both know it.

Hello Barry.

I cannot comment on what has happened regarding the BASS question, although I have read quite a lot about it on here.

I know that in this part (NE) of the world commercial fishermen did not give or ever pay much attention to the RSA sector, although I think that things are starting to change.

You can only bash an industry for so long before it stands its ground and starts to fight back.

I understand that you may have a totally different perception of that statement in your part of the world Barry, and I respect your assumptions based on my own ignorance of your situation.

I believe that we have the same ideals that we would like for our hobby. It’s just that we have different perceptions on why (if indeed there is a problem) or what part the commercial industry has to play in this solution.

I totally agree with you on “why mend something, if it is not broken” alas our so called representatives will not gain any sort of power and recognition unless they look as if they are mending something with the full backing of the people they supposedly represent.

I have had the pleasure of working for John Brennan for 4 years and have learned a lot from him and his customers on what anglers want from there hobby. The reason John ran his business the way he does and the fact that he has ran an ever improving business for so long, was because he listened to his customers and acted on customer demand.

He didn’t listen to some bunch of self obsessed power hungry would be representatives who have about as much reality to RSA wants and needs as Greenpeace have.

Regards.

Hello Barry.

I cannot comment on what has happened regarding the BASS question, although I have read quite a lot about it on here.

I know that in this part (NE) of the world commercial fishermen did not give or ever pay much attention to the RSA sector, although I think that things are starting to change.

You can only bash an industry for so long before it stands its ground and starts to fight back.

I understand that you may have a totally different perception of that statement in your part of the world Barry, and I respect your assumptions based on my own ignorance of your situation.

I believe that we have the same ideals that we would like for our hobby. It’s just that we have different perceptions on why (if indeed there is a problem) or what part the commercial industry has to play in this solution.

I totally agree with you on “why mend something, if it is not broken” alas our so called representatives will not gain any sort of power and recognition unless they look as if they are mending something with the full backing of the people they supposedly represent.

I have had the pleasure of working for John Brennan for 4 years and have learned a lot from him and his customers on what anglers want from there hobby. The reason John ran his business the way he does and the fact that he has ran an ever improving business for so long, was because he listened to his customers and acted on customer demand.

He didn’t listen to some bunch of self obsessed power hungry would be representatives who have about as much reality to RSA wants and needs as Greenpeace have.

Regards.

My concern down here is that the damage has been done not by commercial bashing but the reverse and also the powers to be. I feel it is the rsa that is trying to counter what has been passed on to defra and it's the rsa that is in the corner. I'm not a commercial basher Challenge, i can only work on what i see and hear again the pressing issue at present down here is the bass situation and i would be wrong not to defend the position. I am looking forward to my first trip with John this year but i don't want to catch boring old cod all day, i would like some of those rather large ling, when is the best time?

Guest challenge

If you don’t want to catch big boring cod all day Barry, I suggest you have booked on the wrong boat. :thumbs:

Try one of the inshore boats, there good for the odd ling and I can guarantee you that you won’t get board catching large cod all day. :rolleyes:

Regards.