Happy Dude

Snatcher

Snatcher

Next time I am up I will bring you some synthetic winging material that I use as an alternative to Marabou or Hair fibres, it does not have the mobility of the natural material but it stands up well to toothy critters and the crimping of the fibre reflects the light mimicking scale patterns.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony :thumbs: On Panama Jacks advice going to make a couple of tandem rigs for the next couple of lures a knock up.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les

Some photos from the recent EFSA Kenya trip here - http://www.efsa-scotland.org/gallery/kenya2006.htm

There's also a write up in this months Boat Fishing Monthly.

cheers davy,

i'm getting totally up to date reports just now, stuart cresswell and willie kennedy are there just now, though fishing from malindi not watamu.

didn't have too good a day today, but i think they were balls out for a marlin and only got a few wahoo and dolphins + baitfish though there was some sails and marlin taken off watamu in a place called "the rips"

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Made up some tandem rigs Les but too wacked to tie any lures up at the mo.Will probably sort them this weekend :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Made up some tandem rigs Les but too wacked to tie any lures up at the mo.Will probably sort them this weekend :thumbs:

no probs john.....

got a text tonight, stu got a 100kg black marlin today, the lads had several sailfish to 39kg, wahoo, and a 16kg amberjack plus other fish :thumbs:

5 weeks on saturday for us though :wallbash:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Not jealous in the least :spiteful::spiteful::cry:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

no probs john.....

got a text tonight, stu got a 100kg black marlin today, the lads had several sailfish to 39kg, wahoo, and a 16kg amberjack plus other fish :thumbs:

5 weeks on saturday for us though :wallbash:

:clap2: And I was told that Kenya was past it's best and boats were moving elsewhere. Just shows how wrong some people can be. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 24 2007, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: And I was told that Kenya was past it's best and boats were moving elsewhere. Just shows how wrong some people can be. :clap2:

hi norm,

last year was the best marlin season for 30 years, the boat we use had 49 for it's season up until me and my mate fished on it for 5 days and it was still on 49 went we walked off on the last day :wallbash:

he got number 50 the next day :angry:

8 strikes from marlin zero landed, the other 2 guys that were with us had 3 black marlin in 3 days from a 24 foot boat. <_<

the general fishing was fantastic as well with GT to 35kg, wahoo to 25kg, kingfish 20+kg, 15kg dolphin etc

this year has been poor because just like here, more so even that if the weather/sea conditions are wrong you won't get marlin,

plus just like here it depends on the skipper/boat you book, plenty crap ones out there too

the best fishing is on the best boats........ same the world over!!!!!!

but saying that the country has it's problems, the government would rather see a quick buck selling fishing rights to the europeans and japanese rather than in dribs and drabs tax wise from angling tourism and probably 50% of cash from the fishing countries finds it's way into someones back pocket rather than benefiting the populace

they sell fishing with strict quotas on species but have no infrastructure to police it so the japanese etc plunder at will with no fear of retribution

people forget kenya is a 3rd world country with 3rd world problems, corruption......etc

WalkingPinhead.gif

Well Les hope my lures help to increase your catch. The tandem rigs I made up were joined together with 44kg nylon coated wire which was then doubled over. Then put shrink wrap tube over the connection. Just dressed the first stage so drying overnight. Should get them finished this weekend and will post them up to your shop next week.

Looking forward to your reports on the fishing out in Kenya mate :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 24 2007, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->:clap2: And I was told that Kenya was past it's best and boats were moving elsewhere. Just shows how wrong some people can be. :clap2:

hi norm,

last year was the best marlin season for 30 years, the boat we use had 49 for it's season up until me and my mate fished on it for 5 days and it was still on 49 went we walked off on the last day :wallbash:

he got number 50 the next day :angry:

8 strikes from marlin zero landed, the other 2 guys that were with us had 3 black marlin in 3 days from a 24 foot boat. <_<

the general fishing was fantastic as well with GT to 35kg, wahoo to 25kg, kingfish 20+kg, 15kg dolphin etc

this year has been poor because just like here, more so even that if the weather/sea conditions are wrong you won't get marlin,

plus just like here it depends on the skipper/boat you book, plenty crap ones out there too

the best fishing is on the best boats........ same the world over!!!!!!

but saying that the country has it's problems, the government would rather see a quick buck selling fishing rights to the europeans and japanese rather than in dribs and drabs tax wise from angling tourism and probably 50% of cash from the fishing countries finds it's way into someones back pocket rather than benefiting the populace

they sell fishing with strict quotas on species but have no infrastructure to police it so the japanese etc plunder at will with no fear of retribution

people forget kenya is a 3rd world country with 3rd world problems, corruption......etc

:clap2: Seems a shame, when in the long run, more of the local population would benefit from big game charter fishing, as opposed to foriengers taking all the fish and employing no one and the license money going in to some politicians back pocket. :schmoll:

Well Les hope my lures help to increase your catch. The tandem rigs I made up were joined together with 44kg nylon coated wire which was then doubled over. Then put shrink wrap tube over the connection. Just dressed the first stage so drying overnight. Should get them finished this weekend and will post them up to your shop next week.

Looking forward to your reports on the fishing out in Kenya mate :thumbs:

sounds great john, canny wait to see them........

WalkingPinhead.gif