Happy Dude

Snatcher

Was a bit full of Mr Miller last night Les but was in tying mode so made a start on your stuff. Hope you like them and even more to the point hope the fish do :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Kenya1.jpg

Kenya2.jpg

Kenya3.jpg

Kenya4.jpg

The above were all needlefish variations tied on 3/0 Aberdeens. I tied some for Vagabond and he got fish on them in the tropics :thumbs:

From here on in the hooks get bigger!!! The above 4 a fly rod can handle,the following will be have to fished behind a drilled bullet on spinning gear. The last one you can use as a sea anchor.it is weighted as well :headhurt:

Kenya5.jpg

Kenya6.jpg

A Stan Massey baitfish special

StanMasseybaitfish.jpg

A Snatcher mackerel(I am sure it will take tope in the correct circumstance)

Snatchermackerel.jpg

Snatchers big boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! butcher hook supplied by Stan Massey.If he picks up on this thread he may be able to tell us what size it is :thumbs:

Snatchersbigbaitfish.jpg

Will do you a couple more this week Les and then post them off. Do you want any poppers???

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi john.....

they look brilliant, i like the mackerel one and the needlefish ones.

i'm sure if the tides are right i'll get something on them from the shore, if not i'll be sight chucking them at dolphins and trevally if they come near enough the boat.

just make whatever you feel john, don't go to any expense though :thumbs:

totally grateful for this BTW

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

They are not free,a few beers spring to mind :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

They are not free,a few beers spring to mind :thumbs:

ever tried "tusker"??

kenya's national beer :thumbs:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

No never tried it but more than willing to matey :thumbs::drunk::drunk:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

No never tried it but more than willing to matey :thumbs::drunk::drunk:

i'll see if i can sneak a couple of cans back for you mate, need to watch the weight on bags coming home or you get royally screwed at the airport coming home :rolleyes:

WalkingPinhead.gif

Snatcher,

Don't you find Marabou disintegrates after a few casts or after a fish, especially one with teeth?

JRT

:clap2: Personally I think replacing a lure after catching a decent fish is a small price to pay, especially if it only cost a pint or two. Small beer really, think big, be positive. :clap2:

Snatcher

Next time I am up I will bring you some synthetic winging material that I use as an alternative to Marabou or Hair fibres, it does not have the mobility of the natural material but it stands up well to toothy critters and the crimping of the fibre reflects the light mimicking scale patterns.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.