Dentists?

1 of our local private dentist is charging £15 a month to stay on

his list of patients he had 8000 in November last year now he has 1500

he decided to drop the charge at the end of this month ,

i bet he don't get them all to return

silly foooooker :crazy: to try it in the first place

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 of our local private dentist is charging £15 a month to stay on

his list of patients he had 8000 in November last year now he has 1500

he decided to drop the charge at the end of this month ,

i bet he don't get them all to return

silly foooooker :crazy: to try it in the first place

Is that £15 just to stay on the list, or does that include check-ups, fillings etc.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

tooth extraction ranged in price from £40-£60 in Dublin, to £35-£50 in the rest of the Republic and only £18-£38 in the North. Prices for a single porcelain crown offered the biggest savings in Northern Ireland (£158-£290) compared with the cost in Dublin (£425-£600) and the rest of the country (£400-£500).

get a cheap ferry to ireland , get out of dublin and head north by bus £5 get it pulled for£18-£38

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

the biggest mistake the fiddling government have made is to pay per nhs patient ,now they get paid if your on their books so no incentive to actually do any work .you go from getting to much work done (if you allow it) to none at all.

saves the gov a bundle but forces its people to eat processed food and its health issues because their teeth are bad.

save on one hand give it out with the other.

a cap (tee hee) on payments per patient is better ,those with good teeth bolster those with bad and hopefully the books balance.

but a fund for those with expensive reconstruction jobs that are needed medically rather than cosmetically available on demand.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dunno what all the fuss is about!!!! Wweve got a new state of the art NHS Dental surgery in Exeter and is (I believe) big enough to take all the NHS patentients waiting for a dentist. You guys just live in the wrong Town!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Ahh look Dan - the good old North / South Divide

You see, labour probably work on the principle us working class northerners are that bloody gullible we'll vote for labour regardless of the state of our public services... ooo er, quite a lot of places in the North DO actually do that anyway.

Besides, working in coal mines from the age of 8 actually means most of us have lost our teeth by the age of 11 so dentists are superflous to requirements.....

With regards to dentistry I am not sure why checkups cannot be conducted at least to a certain extent by dental nurses. In truth cavities, lumps and bumps are either spotted or not, so perhaps allieviating dentists of the rather dull and time consuming job of inspecting peoples mouths routinely would free them up to do the actual dental work. It's a bit like a back consultant attending a bloody x-ray - it happens virtually no where else in the medical world!

Remember though....things can only get better!

Ian W

Ahh look Dan - the good old North / South Divide

You see, labour probably work on the principle us working class northerners are that bloody gullible we'll vote for labour regardless of the state of our public services... ooo er, quite a lot of places in the North DO actually do that anyway.

Since when was Louth in the North ? It only just makes the Midlands :yeah:

Hardly a whippet to be seen :rolleyes:

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

That North/South divide doesn't extend down here to Kent...there are no NHS dentists willing to take me on when I moved down here.

In fact, there were no dentists of any sort willing to take me on! Flat refusal...what about the Hippocratic oath? What about simple decency/morality?

Luckily, I can still get up to Bromley and see my old dentist, but even he has stopped any NHS work. He has a nice car though.....about £50.00 grands worth.

Don,t blame this Govn't, blame them all, but above all, blame yourselves for allowing it to happen. There is a time bomb ticking with the increase in the numbers of OAP's, and it will explode in the face of the governmant which is unfortunate enough to be in power when it detonates.

I worry about what I will do when I can no longer drive the 65 miles to my dentist, and if any politician can offer me a solution, then I (and probably a few million others) will vote for them.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Ther is more than a grain of truth in that. When I was a youngster I overheard a woman talking to her bingo companion on the bus. She said to her mate "Ah alaways vote Labour because mah man's a labourer"

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Louth is north Sportsman - we consider ourselves to be North anyway - besides - when we are discussing the North/South divide I think these days you can pretty much just draw the line under Birmingham all things considered.

Very true cory - when it's election time for some reason the BBC feel the need to visit an old pit village where you get several hundred people (usually outside the pit club - despite the pit being closed for twenty years) harping on about the conservatives never having done anything for the country.....

Tongue in cheek aside people need to realise with politics that you simply cannot vote based on tradition and/or single and very specific events. Yes, the coal miners (and many other industries in the North) felt shafted by the Cons in the 80's but the sad truth is many of these people put them into power to sort out the country AND as I've said countless times, don't think for one minute labour wouldn't sacrifice a workforce when it becomes uneconomical to support it (Rover springs to mind in recent years).

If you really don't like a political decision then fair enough - but you've got to vote for the people you think will do the best job.

Also though it's about time we had proportional representation - again I've said this before, but Labour have 352 seats against 196 for the conservatives YET the voting public difference was just 3% (32.3% against 35.2%). If we had proportional representation then labour would be the biggest party (true) but they certainly wouldn't have a majority like they do now, making the whole thing much more accountable (at least in theory).

Voting should also be compulsory i.e. with an option 'no suitable candidate'

Ian W