A Nice Catch of Mullet

Leon- In reply to your first point , I like the sound of curfews but lets stick to the fishing. From your post I take it your not in agreement with the proposed bag limits. If so why?

Secondly the rules on licencing of fishing vessels. To start you have to registered with the MCA at Cardiff this thenentitles you to licence your boat. To buy a licence you needto find one with similar vcu's , KW's and size. For a 9.99m boat with 120hp your looking at around 90 vcu's @ £ 180 without shellfish entitlement or £240 with so between £16000 and £24000. Any vessel no matter what size needs one with or without an engine as the formula shows. ( length x breadth)+( engine power x 0.45) or for a 3ft boat with no engine ((1m x 0.40)=0.40) + ((0 x 0.45) =0)=0.40 units.

There are exceptions I believe for the seine gangs as they have a long history. Licences also increase in value when you exceed 10m and a quantity of quota is also needed. A boat 10.01 m licence would be around £350 a unit and would probably have in the region of £20000- £60000 worth of fish.

Steve the charter boats are classed by themselves in ads etc. They do not have a fishing licence but I would imagine theyhold the required charter permit.

Do the fish merchants buy the bass they are offered? Unfortunately ,yes they do .

Barry- I was led to believe that the tags would be for commercial fisherman to help rid the system of anglers and part time cowboy fishermans bass. So by giving them to any Tom ,Dick and Elaine would make a mock.

Cheers for a mo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve the charter boats are classed by themselves in ads etc. They do not have a fishing licence but I would imagine theyhold the required charter permit.

Do the fish merchants buy the bass they are offered? Unfortunately ,yes they do .

Barry- I was led to believe that the tags would be for commercial fisherman to help rid the system of anglers and part time cowboy fishermans bass. So by giving them to any Tom ,Dick and Elaine would make a mock.

Cheers for a mo

This is what i'm trying to get across. If you had tags it does not matter who lands the fish, it can be uncle tom cobbly, it does not matter. You would be controlling the fish, again no tag no sell. If the commercial decides to either give away or sell his tag, he gives away the right to sell the fish. The right to sell the fish stays with the tag. As with your other paragraph, it deals with that as well, the merchant cannot buy that fish if it has'nt got a tag. As long as tom cobbly hands over the fish with a tag there is no issue.

Cornishman, if you read post 50 of the monkfish off the menu , click on the link and you will read why Leon is against the proposel to restrict the rsa, cheers

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This is what i'm trying to get across. If you had tags it does not matter who lands the fish, it can be uncle tom cobbly, it does not matter. You would be controlling the fish, again no tag no sell. If the commercial decides to either give away or sell his tag, he gives away the right to sell the fish. The right to sell the fish stays with the tag. As with your other paragraph, it deals with that as well, the merchant cannot buy that fish if it has'nt got a tag. As long as tom cobbly hands over the fish with a tag there is no issue.

Dead on the button Barry! Specific number of fish = specific number of tags = end of argument!

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Dead on the button Barry! Specific number of fish = specific number of tags = end of argument!

SIMPLE That is what defra is trying to control, as well as us and you would not bother to put it on an undersized fish. :thumbs:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The amount of tags needed for the bass fishery would make it unworkable.

What’s so wrong with a bag limit, so long as it's a reasonable one and it also applies to hobby netters.

Defra say 2 fish you demand 10 after a round of meetings and consultations you compromise on 5, the angling reps will claim a victory saying they have succeeded in warding off defra's draconian measures and got the best deal possible for the anglers of Britain.

It's no good saying you won't except any such limits until the commercial sector is restricted.

It already has been by your insistence on an increase of the mls and mesh.

I fish to live and live to fish.

The amount of tags needed for the bass fishery would make it unworkable.

What’s so wrong with a bag limit, so long as it's a reasonable one and it also applies to hobby netters.

Defra say 2 fish you demand 10 after a round of meetings and consultations you compromise on 5, the angling reps will claim a victory saying they have succeeded in warding off defra's draconian measures and got the best deal possible for the anglers of Britain.

It's no good saying you won't except any such limits until the commercial sector is restricted.

It already has been by your insistence on an increase of the mls and mesh.

If the mls had gone up to 450mm then I would agree we would have little argument, perhaps thats the way to go :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

If the mls had gone up to 450mm then I would agree we would have little argument, perhaps thats the way to go :rolleyes::D

Hello Ken

Thats not how commercial fishermen their reps and perhaps defra see it.

Your opinion stavey is the best thing that could ever happen to any commercial representative, if he was looking for bad publicity from RSA.

Regards.

If you consider the truth as i see it as bad publicity thats your opinion, i can handle that, as far as i am concerned i could not care a toss!! (and that includes personal insults like towards one's visions capabilities)

Rsa to me is a hobby which i finance from my legit tax paying job that is not connected in anyway to do with it, unlike yours which rely's on it, your opinions will always be judged by me respective of that, you take anglers out on your big boat to catch cod many miles off shore admittedley on rod and line! but imo the way you go about it is like a commercial fisherman (not surprising as you were once one) no sooner they are caught (and as many as you can) you slice them up and stick them in a ice box, if you can carry on finding enough fishermen to book you (note i said fishermen) then fair enough personally i would not give you tuppence for the priviledge, you see challenge i am one of the new breed of sea anglers ie, a "sport angler" and mullet are one of the two main species i and many others value very much indeed, now if that picture was of a catch of cod then what do you think my opninion (if i had one at all) would have been, do you think it would have been the same sort of comments? you decide, cheers...................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi challenge

I will tell you what i see in the picture shal i, i see a group of selfish single minded oppotunists who dont give a f*ck about anybody only themselves, out to make some quick tax free beer money thats what i see!!! much like a lot of the under ten metre inshore part time brigade in this country imo cheers.........

But Stavey the truth as you see it is about million miles away from fact.

But Stavey the truth as you see it is about million miles away from fact.

Ahhhhhhh i see now, and i suppose you by being a commercial wurzel, never discolours your judgment on any opinions what so ever??????? yeh right.

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly