A Nice Catch of Mullet

I don't think I ought, the FN edited some out I suppose I could do the same , the FN know more about the rules of what you can publish more than I do.If I get time perhaps.

As the originator it should still be your copyright (depending on your agreement with the publication) in the same way as photographs remain the property of the photographer unless specifically sold inclusive of copyright.

If item is already in the public domain and is available in a publicly accessible link then there should be no problem in either case.

Hope that helps unless i mis-understood.

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Wurzel has got his original copy on disk and would have to edit it to match what was published, when he has time.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Just because something is "traditional" doesn't make it OK. When they have finished celebrating wiping out the local mullet stocks do they get the spades out and go and sort out a few badgers?

The fact is that those fish were practically worthless to them, probably didn't even cover the cost of the beer, but could have kept the local (and holidaying) anglers happy for years. But as usual, sod the anglers, they are just eccentrics anyway. Stuff Cornwall, I'm off to Spain again, if I'm going to catch nothing anyway at least I'll be warm doing it. I can still remember as a kid seeing the Cornishmen stringing blue sharks up at Looe for photos and then kicking the corpses into the river, seems not much has changed down there.

CollinW

There is no truth in what you say,

They have not wiped out the local mullet stock.

The catch was worth around £3750.00 divided by 10 families = £375.00 each it might not be a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but considerably more than most spend in the pub in an afternoon.

What makes them eccentric?

I also can remember the photos of the strung up blue shark, by visiting anglers.

I fish to live and live to fish.

CollinW

There is no truth in what you say,

They have not wiped out the local mullet stock.

The catch was worth around £3750.00 divided by 10 families = £375.00 each it might not be a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but considerably more than most spend in the pub in an afternoon.

What makes them eccentric?

I also can remember the photos of the strung up blue shark, by visiting anglers.

Hi wurzel

If we accept your estimation as somewhere near the ball park, then that is still only a one off payment for "dead" fish, you will never get that money for those same fish ever again, had these fish been sole/plaice/whiting etc, then there would not have been such a fuss made wurzel, but you see these are "mullet" it is the last proper inshore sporting fish we have left in any sort of numbers around some of our coasts, the value of those fish to the rsa would have been worth many times more and never been in any danger of being wiped out at all as most mullet anglers catch and release them, of course you know all this dont you and maybe that is part of the commercials master plans to not only try and stifle the rsa's by silly sfc bylaw proposals but to extinguish what few little inshore stocks of sporting fish there ar left, its all rather pathetic realy, ciao amigo............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

You are right Stavey it is a bit pathetic really because if it was possible to wipe out mullet stocks as with any other stock they would have been wiped out years ago.

Well wurzel commercials have done a pretty good job on the sea's most prolific of all breeders ie, "COD" dont you think?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Well wurzel commercials have done a pretty good job on the sea's most prolific of all breeders ie, "COD" dont you think?

Hello Stavey

Round and round we go!

One day it will be proved that commercials have had very little effect on cod stocks.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Stavey

Round and round we go!

One day it will be proved that commercials have had very little effect on cod stocks.

Good evenin Wurzel, No pressure, What do you think has happend to the cod in the north sea, the grand banks, and my little area locally known as the varne. Thanks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Stavey

Round and round we go!

Hope that they one day can emphatically say who is to blame, then at least the argument can be put to bed and we can get on with some constructive discussions on how to reverse the process...............................hopefully while there's the odd fish left to breed.

Edited by roryh

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?