If you think bag limits are just for Bass...............

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont now what the problem is. anglers should pay for a lisense, and they should not be able to take everyting they catch. This goverment has f**ct commercial fishing and they will now screw anglers, which is great and about time. you lot keep arguing amongst your selfs very soon you will have to pay to go and catch just 2 fish. good to see some otherproper fishermen on here keep up the fight wurzel and challenge and steve good

wtd

If that ever happens we know whom to thank, guys like you.

Thats fine fishingsfine any gratuity donations will be most welcome. aslo there will be more and bigger fish for us looks like DERFA have begin to listen to our industry at last. you can have as mutch bass under 40cm as you can carry, looks like you wont need a rod an reel, you can pick em up of the beeches after the boys have thrown away what they carnt keep

wtd

Thats fine fishingsfine any gratuity donations will be most welcome. aslo there will be more and bigger fish for us looks like DERFA have begin to listen to our industry at last. you can have as mutch bass under 40cm as you can carry, looks like you wont need a rod an reel, you can pick em up of the beeches after the boys have thrown away what they carnt keep

wtd

You're a funny guy too. Maybe you and Steve G could do a double act? The new Laurel and Hardy?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi Cornishman, The same argument is with the rsa, surly he generates 'shore' jobs when he pursues his hobby. As you are aware the reason for bag limits at present is for the

restriction of illegal bass sales. Do you know why your local sfc voted for it? I can see where you are comming from regarding catching from an unlicenced charter boat? Conservation is not the issue at present. With a full boat of say eight rsa i have never seen all of them catching say half a dozen each, some of them do but a lot don't. You need expert fisherman say the commercial in the portland race to make any differance to what i have just quoted. Even then he deserves all he catches with the rod and line as this could not possibly dent the stock in my mind. So it's ok for the commercial to fish the race full stop, but the rsa must be restricted. What do you think?

What is your take on bag limits regarding the illegal selling of bass? What is your take on the mls size shortly to be imposed? What do you think of gill tags? Balls back in your court. Look forward to your reply, thanks.

The rsa is catching fish for sport, this starts in the choice of bait , hooks , venue etc. Then hooking a fish , playing it if your lucky enough to have a big-un. Then landing it, maybe a quick picture or weigh it ,all of which could be completed in under 2 mins. Finally returning it to the sea to spawn again and grow larger ,which from what I read is on every anglers agenda. If you want to take a few home to eat then fair enough but wheres the sport in killing more?. I'm not that imformed on the 'race' but have heard about alot of bass being taken by anglers .

Agree that angling provides jobs but compared to the commercial sector ?.

Bag limits. I can't see a good case against them, unless of course they are being sold to top up wages or in many cases DSS in which case joe bloggs would want to retain as many as he could. Surely 3 fish is enough for anyone to eat. As pollack has increased in value during the summer months many anglers are targeting and selling these now,mostly 1 kilo fish . I would like to see a bag limit on all species but certainly on boat caught bass ,pollack and cod.

MLS. Would like to have seen a EU wide mls introduced at 40cms to start with. Some commercials are against any increase but personally 40 cms seems sensible , as above a EU mls would be very much preferred. As for going higher , this would then start affecting us more but if there is a noticeble improvement in bass size after 2-4 years then maybe 42cms and then after another review perhaps there would be a case for 45cms. 55 cms is to much to even contemplate at this time if your livelihood depends on it. I realise some anglers feel strongly about the 4cms increase but it will help, they've argued the fact that an increase in size will help the stock, they've got this and a review for possibly more in the future but are still creating. Why do I never here about the EU case from anglers , surely you should be on this case aswell?. I admit a 36cms bass is small but I believe it used to be 30cms and the bass stock has grown to a quite healthy level today.

Gill tags. If introduced for commercial fisherman only it could work but there are so many ways of abusing it and there could be problems with boats having good hauls of bass with no tags readily available.

What is your take on bag limits regarding the illegal selling of bass? What is your take on the mls size shortly to be imposed? What do you think of gill tags?

DERFRA regulates us so mutch that there is no chance of selling other than through the market or agent, besides the price we get is good so its not worth shiping through the back door. illegal selling off bass is done by anglers who also oput out lots of nets we've seen em putting bits here and there and then they go fishing and on the way in they haul the nets and take everything in the nets. Some off them say they caught them with rods but it is clear they were caught in nets. they sell them to pubs and freinds to pay for their running costs

If the bass are fished sustainabily then why do we have to have an increese in the mls. all it means is that we will have to used more an more nets catch more an more fish to chuck over the wall perfect good fish cos bradshaw wants to suck up to the anglers for more votes and to tax sea fishing because of the new mls more bass will be dead and lost from the fishery. I dont think it will be put in place the bass fighting campagn will get it overturned

bass tags will not work, its an un workable practise if you get a good haul you could bring them ashore and land them and find you don't have enough tags what happens then are they dumped outside the peir it would take too long to put a tag on each fish making the fishermens days even longer which means we would be getting less sleep and safety will be a problem

All i keep reading about is how anglers want this or that speceis to be made as a recreatonal only speceis and that there is no market for some speceis like flounder wrasse mullet pollock and dogs well we are able to sell pretty much everything we catch and is worth doing so so i would not want any fish speceis to be made an anglers fish. there is a good market for the dogs whole or fins and if we can't get rid them they are used as pot bait to catch crabs so they arnt wasted same with the flounder and wrasse although the wrasse are now becoming a delicasy in some areas so the value might be better selling through the agent

the only problem we have is that we can't get enough quota on the more valuabel speceis because of catch limits otherwise we could earn a very good livin so taking away the bits we earn off the rest is a none starter although it might be worthwhile if anglers arnt allowed to catch or take cod bass rays plaice pollock and soles you can have the rest then.

Hi Cornishman, The same argument is with the rsa, surly he generates 'shore' jobs when he pursues his hobby. As you are aware the reason for bag limits at present is for the

restriction of illegal bass sales. Do you know why your local sfc voted for it? I can see where you are comming from regarding catching from an unlicenced charter boat? Conservation is not the issue at present. With a full boat of say eight rsa i have never seen all of them catching say half a dozen each, some of them do but a lot don't. You need expert fisherman say the commercial in the portland race to make any differance to what i have just quoted. Even then he deserves all he catches with the rod and line as this could not possibly dent the stock in my mind. So it's ok for the commercial to fish the race full stop, but the rsa must be restricted. What do you think?

What is your take on bag limits regarding the illegal selling of bass? What is your take on the mls size shortly to be imposed? What do you think of gill tags? Balls back in your court. Look forward to your reply, thanks.

The rsa is catching fish for sport, this starts in the choice of bait , hooks , venue etc. Then hooking a fish , playing it if your lucky enough to have a big-un. Then landing it, maybe a quick picture or weigh it ,all of which could be completed in under 2 mins. Finally returning it to the sea to spawn again and grow larger ,which from what I read is on every anglers agenda. If you want to take a few home to eat then fair enough but wheres the sport in killing more?. I'm not that imformed on the 'race' but have heard about alot of bass being taken by anglers .

Agree that angling provides jobs but compared to the commercial sector ?.

Bag limits. I can't see a good case against them, unless of course they are being sold to top up wages or in many cases DSS in which case joe bloggs would want to retain as many as he could. Surely 3 fish is enough for anyone to eat. As pollack has increased in value during the summer months many anglers are targeting and selling these now,mostly 1 kilo fish . I would like to see a bag limit on all species but certainly on boat caught bass ,pollack and cod.

MLS. Would like to have seen a EU wide mls introduced at 40cms to start with. Some commercials are against any increase but personally 40 cms seems sensible , as above a EU mls would be very much preferred. As for going higher , this would then start affecting us more but if there is a noticeble improvement in bass size after 2-4 years then maybe 42cms and then after another review perhaps there would be a case for 45cms. 55 cms is to much to even contemplate at this time if your livelihood depends on it. I realise some anglers feel strongly about the 4cms increase but it will help, they've argued the fact that an increase in size will help the stock, they've got this and a review for possibly more in the future but are still creating. Why do I never here about the EU case from anglers , surely you should be on this case aswell?. I admit a 36cms bass is small but I believe it used to be 30cms and the bass stock has grown to a quite healthy level today.

Gill tags. If introduced for commercial fisherman only it could work but there are so many ways of abusing it and there could be problems with boats having good hauls of bass with no tags readily available.

Thanks for the reply Cornishman. Your first para, Catch and release of bass, it is good that the rsa has the choice. Again as you are aware if a rsa returns a bass it would either be under mls or most probably be over the breeding age that is good for all.Commercial do not have the luxury of returning breeding class fish at present. I agree no one should kill them for the sake of it. The race is a prolific home ground for the bass, equally both the rsa and commercial fish for them on equall terms, i.e. rod and line, so i believe it would be wrong to discriminate against one or the other. Bag limit for none or all. Within the just released pan europeon study there is a lot of industry recognised calculation regarding the amounts generated into the economy, the rsa pay a huge amount just in the vat element alone so this must have a significant impact on the jobs that it creates.

Your second para, There is no evidence that bag limits would work for illegal selling, or is there any evidence that it would have a major impact on the fish stock. If they were gill tagged. joe bloggs could not put that fish in the food chain legally. While i appreciate perceived difficulty while the mls is increased, i would like to see a mls for all fish over and above the breeding age. That would put a higher value to the stock for all. All i see of the eu is a money making excercise for the men in suits and this has not been properly certified by the accountants for years, so in a sence this is an illegal authority that we all unfortunately have to abide with unless all of us do something about it.

Third para,gill tags in my mind appear to be a lot better option than our present system to try and resolve the issue of illegal selling. Bag limits would involve a huge amount of people who do not subscribe with illegal selling, not to mention the cost of the control of it.Again, joe would not be able to put that fish in the market place, equally nor would any other person who decides the back door is where to flog the stock. No tag, no sell. Many if not all commercial sell their catch through agents, a simple message to either their agent or to defra,s gill tag agent on shore would tackle any shortages of tags surely. Quite easily some thing could be set up to address that issue, if it is one. Cheers Cornishman.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

the only problem we have is that we can't get enough quota on the more valuabel speceis because of catch limits otherwise we could earn a very good livin so taking away the bits we earn off the rest is a none starter although it might be worthwhile if anglers arnt allowed to catch or take cod bass rays plaice pollock and soles you can have the rest then.

If you can't get enough quota i suggest you do the same as the hastings fishermen did and lobby mr blair and co as he is looking into the issue for them, as opposed to making a ridiculous statement regarding the rsa that certainly wouldn't be a 'starter'. Cheers.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..