If you think bag limits are just for Bass...............

All i keep reading about is how anglers want this or that speceis to be made as a recreatonal only speceis and that there is no market for some speceis like flounder wrasse mullet pollock and dogs well we are able to sell pretty much everything we catch and is worth doing so so i would not want any fish speceis to be made an anglers fish. there is a good market for the dogs whole or fins and if we can't get rid them they are used as pot bait to catch crabs so they arnt wasted same with the flounder and wrasse although the wrasse are now becoming a delicasy in some areas so the value might be better selling through the agent

the only problem we have is that we can't get enough quota on the more valuabel speceis because of catch limits otherwise we could earn a very good livin so taking away the bits we earn off the rest is a none starter although it might be worthwhile if anglers arnt allowed to catch or take cod bass rays plaice pollock and soles you can have the rest then.

Why do you think that you have been restricted as much as you have, and why do you think that people have had to start eating things like Wrasse? Could it possibly be that you have been restricted to protect you from yourselves? And could it possibly be that people are having to eat Wrasse now because slowly but surely everything else is being fished to death? You are quick to play the sympathy card and give the old hard luck stories, look at us poor old fishermen, everyones got it in for us, etc, etc, but you can't see that it's all self inflicted.

The best bit is, you come onto a sea angling web site forum and expect the anglers to agree with you! You've got more chance of DEFRA sorting out the fishery!

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't get enough quota i suggest you do the same as the hastings fishermen did and lobby mr blair and co as he is looking into the issue for them, as opposed to making a ridiculous statement regarding the rsa that certainly wouldn't be a 'starter'. Cheers.

Hello Barry

Bin there done that twice.

Waste of time, to your face politicians say exactly what you want to hear, an hour later they have forgotten you exist, no matter who or what you are. It's the civil servants who run the show, politicians are just er er er politicians.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Barry

Bin there done that twice.

Waste of time, to your face politicians say exactly what you want to hear, an hour later they have forgotten you exist, no matter who or what you are. It's the civil servants who run the show, politicians are just er er er politicians.

Hi Wurzel, what made the hastings guy's differant then?

From what i see at the sfc meeting today Wurzel, the commercial support is quite healthy, in fact i felt like an midget compared with the amount of fishermen that were present, so i don't think the commercial sector has a lot to worry. Cheers

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Why do you think that you have been restricted as much as you have, and why do you think that people have had to start eating things like Wrasse? Could it possibly be that you have been restricted to protect you from yourselves? And could it possibly be that people are having to eat Wrasse now because slowly but surely everything else is being fished to death? You are quick to play the sympathy card and give the old hard luck stories, look at us poor old fishermen, everyones got it in for us, etc, etc, but you can't see that it's all self inflicted.

The best bit is, you come onto a sea angling web site forum and expect the anglers to agree with you! You've got more chance of DEFRA sorting out the fishery!

Hello Steve

He has a confrontational approach but he is right, fishermen are increasingly looking for non quota fish to make up the short fall of quoted prime fish .

You know as well as I it has nothing what so ever to do with the health of fish stocks, more to do with the wealth of quota traders.

Welcome aboard "Who's the Daddy" The more the merrier

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Steve

He has a confrontational approach but he is right, fishermen are increasingly looking for non quota fish to make up the short fall of quoted prime fish .

You know as well as I it has nothing what so ever to do with the health of fish stocks, more to do with the wealth of quota traders.

Welcome aboard "Who's the Daddy" The more the merrier

Bloody upitty fishermen, why cant they be nice like us rsa are

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

So when the bass stocks crash the blame rests solely on the anglers shoulders, perhaps you should not meddle with things you know nothing about

steve

:thumbs:

:wallbash: Who was it campaigned against a usefull mls, etc? :wallbash:

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Thats fine fishingsfine any gratuity donations will be most welcome. aslo there will be more and bigger fish for us looks like DERFA have begin to listen to our industry at last. you can have as mutch bass under 40cm as you can carry, looks like you wont need a rod an reel, you can pick em up of the beeches after the boys have thrown away what they carnt keep

wtd

Grow up!

That sort of attitude is why we are all in the mess we are.

Edited by roryh

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

The Cornish SFC has recently voted to create a local bye law that will restrict anglers to how many bass they can keep

I've heard from the CFO of Cornwall SFC today.

Apparently (after a lot of debate) they have only so far resolved "that the Committee receive a report from officers and a draft byelaw in relation to the management of bass, for discussion at a future meeting of the Committe" (with no definite date by which the report should be delivered to the committee).

The CFO also states that the point at which a byelaw might be advertised for public consultation is 'many months away'.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I've heard from the CFO of Cornwall SFC today.

Apparently (after a lot of debate) they have only so far resolved "that the Committee receive a report from officers and a draft byelaw in relation to the management of bass, for discussion at a future meeting of the Committe" (with no definite date by which the report should be delivered to the committee).

The CFO also states that the point at which a byelaw might be advertised for public consultation is 'many months away'.

Many thanks for the information. So my interpretation of that Leon is they will discuss a draft bylaw at some stage, obviously this will need to be checked as to the legality of it? Before it becomes a bylaw it's sent out for the public to comment, then who finally decides following consultation, is it back to the sfc?

Cheers

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Many thanks for the information. So my interpretation of that Leon is they will discuss a draft bylaw at some stage, obviously this will need to be checked as to the legality of it? Before it becomes a bylaw it's sent out for the public to comment, then who finally decides following consultation, is it back to the sfc?

Cheers

The officers will attempt to gather information, and prepare a report/recommendation for the committee to consider.

If, after the report is submitted, the Committee then decides it wants to proceed with a byelaw, they will need to apply to DEFRA, and at the same time issue public notices asking interested parties to submit their views to both DEFRA and to the SFC (the legal notices would usually appear in Fishing News and The Western Morning News, SACN has suggest that angling publications should also be considered, and we have offered to post a copy of the notice on our website).

DEFRA will consider any objections, then decide whether to agree the byelaw or not.

If DEFRA agrees the byelaw, then it goes into force (DEFRA could also send the byelaw back for redrafting).

Once the byelaw has gon in force, if there are grounds for a legal challenge, it would be then that an organisation with the resources to do so could challenge the legality of the byelaw through the courts, as could any individual who was prosecuted under the byelaw.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust