Thanks, Seph

Elton

As Tony said, not many fish in our swims but the river is so beautiful that to catch is a bonus. Its great to see the pics of fish everyone (bar us!) caught. I especially love FAYES pike! It looks really good nick (sorry Leon) I have memorised the tree in the background where the picture was taken and will try that spot next time-. Maybe we should have skipped the ASDA breakfast and gone there for opening time! I would like to say it was great meeting you all. Thanks Lyn for for the chocolate biccies and to Matt for leaving some for the rest of us! ha ha ! Thanks for the compliments about the mulled wine. Thanks Dunc for the orange balloon but I was bitterly dissapointed to hear that this was actually accepted stolen property - and I thought you had gone out to buy it specially. Never mind- and yes I was upset that you didnt call on me to pull your car out of the mud- my motor is well cabable of getting men out of trouble, plus Leon would have taken loads of pictures and you would never had heard the last of it from this lot at AN!

Thanks to Seph for organising the day. Hey, next time I post on this I might talk more about the fish I caught-if my luck changes that is; terrible winter fishing and waiting for the first pike in a few years.

Oh I must not forget to tell you,my reel fell apart when fishing at Itchin (just for good measure) but on the way home popped into Shirley and bought a fab Penn captiva spinning reel for £15! List price £90. Trying it out in 2 weeks on the rivers. Poindesters Tackle it looks cracking.

Edited by Soozy U

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I must not forget to tell you,my reel fell apart when fishing at Itchin (just for good measure) but on the way home popped into Shirley and bought a fab Penn captiva spinning reel for £15! List price £90. Trying it out in 2 weeks on the rivers. Poindesters Tackle it looks cracking.

It was a Penn Prion Sue, but I agree it was one heck of a bargain :wub:

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi All

Having followed this post with interest and being so impressed with the quality of the fishing and the cameraderie of all members that attended, I realise that I missed a bloody good day out!

I'd love to come on a couple of the AN fish-ins next season - if you'll have me.

Cheers

Barry

Barry

Seph,

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to be serious!

A very good weekend and thanks for organising it.

Barry, anyone can come on the AN fish-ins. But it's "first come, first served". Then watch some of the "first come" drop out, and become a "second come". Occasionally, some make promises, then don't come! Very occasionally, first or second "Comers", wish they hadn't come at all, which is a shame, as others might have been able to come in their place!.

If you're worried about your tackle, don't. As you've read, Soozies tackle fell apart on the bank as she used it. Most of those who go Grayling fishing, have all sorts of tackle they can lend to Elton. But if he leaves us with any, we will happily share it. Luckily, Sue was able to get a replacement on the way home.

Oh yes, the fishing is very good. About the Cameraderie. Yes, it's very very good, you'll have a great time. I guarentee it!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org